Vision and Mission
- To be recognized as a key contributor in innovative management education in India.
Institute of Management Technology, Nagpur strives to:
- Ensure a value driven and technology oriented academic environment.
- Excel in offering industry relevant management programs with innovative and entrepreneurial approach.
- Enrich knowledge base through research, consultancy and collaborative studies with corporate on business practices.
- Engage students and faculty in understanding societal needs and ideating solutions.
- Collective Decision Making
- Academic Freedom
- Compassion with commitment
- Sensitivity to sustainability
Shri. Bakul NathThe world is shrinking. The corporate world even more so. The economies across the globe are rapidly integrating into a mega world economy. In this era of strategic alliances, joint ventures and unpredictable market conditions, cross-cultural capabilities and visionary leadership are prequisites for corporates worldwide. Clearly, the need of the hour is leaders with a global perspective on economic, technological, cultural and political interfaces with business. A prerequisite of leadership is to look beyond the present. To be an innovator in business or a stimulant of change in society, you need to extend sight beyond your current knowledge and capabilities.
At IMT, our objective is to prepare leaders who go beyond conventional management skills. Be it management or technology, our graduates are trained not only to be effective but to be innovative. We seek students who thrive on change and who strive to drive it to business success. What better place to do this than at IMT, where new ways of thinking and doing things are central to the curriculum.
With a world-class infrastructure supported by state-of-the-art technology, IMT continues to look far beyond the routine, in its endeavour to produce leaders capable of a new hallmark in the world of business.
AICTE Approval Letter
Late Shri Mahendra Nath
(1913 - 2004)
"What ultimately matters in one's life is not the result - the success or failure - but the quality of work, the passion that is brought to bear upon anything that one takes in his hand." Lord R B Haldane
Shri Mahendra Nath was a monarch of whatever he surveyed. He was a great patriot, an eminent industrialist & educationist, a great visionary, a great institution builder and above all, a "karma yogi".
A light has gone out of our lives, leaving behind a void and a lot of memories. Born in a humble middle class family, Shri Mahendra Nath learnt that honesty and hard work lead to success. Very early in his life, through the example of his father who was a medical practitioner and follower of Swami Dayanand Saraswati, he imbibed the virtues of strong determination, tenacity, hard work and care for the weaker sections of the society.
Shri Mahendra Nath began his career in business as an insurance agent in Meerut . Due to his pleasing personality and a knack for cultivating relationships, he tasted success instantaneously. Over the next few years of his life he expanded his interests to the exhibition & distribution of films, publishing, trading and finally went on to establish EMC - one of the largest high tension power transmission companies in India.
He traveled widely and cultivated strong relationships with not only businessmen but also people from all walks of life wherever he worked. Shri Mahendra Nath acquired a great name and reputation for his sharp business acumen, despite lack of any formal managerial qualification or training as an accountant, engineer or a scientist. He was blessed with strong analytical skills and had a deep understanding of business practices and trends, along with immense capacity for hard work with ingenuity and determination to succeed.
Shri Mahendra Nath created a trust named "Dr K. Nath Public Trust" which created and nurtured various institutions of vocational, professional and higher learning. The trust has been running libraries and helps the poor students to undertake higher education at a large number of institutions, including Indian Institutes of Technology and Indian Institutes of Management. The trust also established Institute of Management Technology (IMT), Ghaziabad under the aegis of Lajpat Rai Educational Society in the year 1980 with the objective to provide high quality management education in India . The institution currently ranks among the best institutions providing management education in the country.
Institute of Management Technology, Nagpur was opened in the year 2004 to extend this philosophy and to make quality management education available to more aspiring managers.
Due to his belief in humanity and faith in the Almighty he achieved remarkable success in his life. He showed to us what Walter E. Cole said "If we are to achieve we must look for the opportunity in every difficulty instead of the difficulty in every opportunity".
May the great soul rest in peace.
Shri. Bakul Nath
Centre for Advanced Education
Shri. Dipankar Chatterji
Centre for Advanced Education
Mrs. Simran Nath
Centre for Advanced Education
Eminent Academician & Former Director
Former Deputy Governor
Reserve Bank of India
Tata Sons Limited
Board of Governors
Dr. Amarlal H Kalro
Dr. Archana Shukla
Director - IIM Luckonw
Dr. P. Janaki Ramudu
Dean - Academics, IMT NAGPUR
MD - Accenture Ventures and
Indian statistical Institute.
Professor, Shailesh J. Mehta
School of Management, I.I.T.Bombay
Director – Finance
Faculty Positions at IMT Nagpur
IMT Nagpur, in only a decade's time, has been able to make space among the top B-Schools in India. An IMT-DNA of quality and continuous innovation, world class infrastructure and campus, and a great blend of academicians and practitioners-turned-academicians make the institute unique. Faculty has been one of the strongest pillars behind this success.
Self-motivated and suitably qualified persons are invited to join the vibrant team of faculty members in the following areas:
- Business Analytics
All of the above positions require proficiency in teaching, research and industry practice. Specific requirement are as follows :
- Professor : Ph.D. or equivalent in Management or allied area, a record of excellence in academics for a minimum of 10 years of which at least 5 years should be at the level of Associate Professor; ability to interact with a diverse student body and executives; and a record of publications in standard refereed journals, and ability to undertake research independently and guide Ph.D. scholars. He should have high research, training and consulting credentials.
- Associate Professor : Ph.D. or equivalent in Management or allied area, with a minimum of 8 years experience of which at least 3 years should be at the level of Assistant Professor, and ability to interact with a diverse student body and executives, and ability to undertake research independently.
- Assistant Professor : Ph.D. or equivalent in Management or allied area, with at least 3 years industrial/ research/ academic experience, and ability to interact with a diverse student body. However, in case of fellow from IIM or PhD from any reputed university/institute, his experience requirement of 3 years may be waived.'
To satisfy the requirements of reputed international accreditation bodies, it is necessary to have a proportion of faculty from professional background. A professional/practitioner in his/her own field with established reputation with a minimum of 10 years of experience who has made significant contribution to knowledge/profession, but may not be having a Ph.D. degree may be considered under this category.
Apart from offering one of the best compensation packages among the B-schools, IMT offers attractive incentives for research, MDP and consultancy, as also substantial funds for faculty training and development.
Application along with updated CV and two reference details can be sent to email@example.com
While sending application through email, please write at the subject line the position applied for and (for Faculty Positions) Area of specialization.
News & Events
Business School Ranking
IMT Nagpur is consistently rising in the ranks of the top B-Schools in India across relevant parameters. View the latest rankings:
- Business Standard: Ranked among A1 Category of B-Schools in India.
- Competition Success Review - GHRDC: Ranked 11th in B-School of Super Excellence and among top 20 Private B-Schools in India
- Education World: Ranked 14th in Indian B-Schools ranking.
- The Week: Ranked 35th in Indian B-Schools ranking and among top 20 Private B-Schools in India
- MBA Universe: Ranked 34th in Indian B-Schools ranking.
- NIRF: Ranked 60th in Indian B-Schools ranking.
To pursue highest standards of excellence in scholarship, research and academics, and enhance socio-economic relevance of its activities .
The Institute has constituted an Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) to monitor, evaluate and assess the quality of academic and administrative systems and processes. The committee comprises of :
|1.||Director’s Committee||Chairpersons (Ex Officio)|
|2.||Dr. S Senthil Kumar||Coordinator|
|3.||Dean (Academics) –||Member - (Ex Officio)|
|4.||Dr. Narendra Phadnis||Member|
|5.||Prof. Rajiv Kamble||Member|
Minutes of Meeting