Dr. P. Janaki RamuduProfessor, Dean (Academics)
: 2805153 firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. P. Janaki Ramudu is a Professor of Finance and Dean (Academics) at IMT Nagpur. He has been in teaching, training, consulting and administration for the last 28 years. He is a doctorate in finance, a post-graduate in Business Administration and a graduate in Commerce. As an academic and an administrator, he held several key portfolios including the chairman and member on academic boards of many Universities of repute. He is on the board of many peer reviewed scholarly National and International journals of repute and published 34 research papers in the areas of corporate finance and investments. He has been proactive and dedicated with commitment to create high quality systems and processes that improve the quality of teaching and learning process in an institution of higher learning. He visited countries like UK (London), France, Singapore, Malaysia, Dubai, Taiwan, Hong Kong and Thailand for various academic assignments including conferences and chairing technical sessions.
Ph.D–Finance (2006): Sri Venkateswara University, Tirupati, India.
MBA (1990): School of Business Management, Sri Venkateswara University, Tirupati, India.
B.Com (1987): Sri Venkateswara University, Tirupati, India.
CGMA: Pursuing Chartered Global Management Accountant course through Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA), United Kingdom.
Faculty Development Certificate Programs:
- Faculty Development Program in Management – Xavier’s Labor Relations Institute (XLRI), Jamshedpur, India.
- Faculty Development Program in Management – Indian Institute of Management (IIMK), Kozhikode, India.
Work Experience : 29 years
- Professor of Finance and Dean (Academics), IMT Nagpur since April 2019.
- Professor of Finance and Dean (academics), Alliance University June 2007 to March 2019.
- Associate Professor of Finance and Head (Management Studies), Adhiyamaan College of Engineering, Madras University, from August 1993 to May 2007.
- Faculty of Finance, Institute of Computers and Business Management (ICBM), Hyderabad, from July 1990 to July 1993.
- Visiting Professor at BITS Pilani (Ashok Leyland MDC Campus) from June 1995 to July 2002.
- Visiting Professor at SDMIMD, Mysore from July 2007 to December 2018.
- Dynamic Interactions among Finance, Trade and Growth: An Empirical Investigation into MINT Nations, Journal of Business and Policy Research. (Accepted for publication) Elsevier.
- Modeling Dynamic Communications between Financial Development, Trade & Growth: An Empirical Study of Mint Economy’ SCMC Journal of Indian Management (Scopus Indexed and ‘C’ category in ABDC, accepted for publication)
- The relationship between corporate social responsibility disclosure and financial performance: BSE Bankex Banks, International Journal of Research and Analytical Reviews, Vol. 6, Issue 1, Jan – March 2019. (UGC approved and indexed in J-Gate and DRJI)
- Performance evaluation of Indian large cap oriented mutual funds, International Journal of Research and Analytical Reviews, Vol. 6, Issue 1, Jan – March 2019 (UGC approved and indexed in J-Gate and DRJI)
- Drivers of return on equity (ROE) – A comparative analysis of HDFC Bank and CITI bank, International Journal of Research and Analytical Reviews, Vol. 6, Issue 1, February 2019 (UGC approved and indexed in J-Gate and DRJI)
- Nexus between Financial Development and Economic Growth in Selected Asia: A Post 1997 Crisis Analysis, AIMS International Journal of Management, Volume 10, Number 3 September 2016, pp. 203-213. Index Copernicus International (ICI)and IARC
- Indian MFI Pattern: Analytical Model Building, SCMS Journal of Indian Management, Vol. XIII, No. 1, Jan - March 2016. “ABDC” ‘C’ category. SCOPUS and Index Copernicus International (ICI).
- Do futures outperform puts? Evidence from S&P Nifty index futures and options, International Review of research in emerging markets and the global economy, 2014, Vol. 5, Issue 5, Pp. 217-235. Research Gate.
- Is EVA a superior Measure of Shareholder Value? Evidence form CNX Nifty Constituent Firms, Asian Journal of Finance and Accounting, Vol. 6, No. 1 (2014), pp. 388-401. ABDC – ‘C’.
- Composite Portfolio Performance: An Investigation into Indian Mutual Funds, SDMIMD Journal of Management, Vol. 5, Iss. 1, March 2014, pp. 45-73. EBSCO, Cosmos, J-Gate, i-scholar.
- Price weighted Vs. Value weighted index performance analysis: A case of S&P BSE SENSEX, Contemporary Research in Management, Vol. III, 2014, pp. 175-205.
- Portfolio Protection in the Short Run – Protective Vs. Short Futures: Explanatory Evidence from the Indian Stock Markets, Contemporary Research in Management, Volume II, A special compilation of faculty research, Pp. 187-203.
- What does capital structure decision depend on? Evidence form S&P CNX NIFTY and NIFTY JUNIOR firms, Journal of Accounting, Finance and Economics, Vol. 3, Nu. 2, December 2013, Pp.23-42.
- What Drives Shareholders’ return? Evidence from Indian Steel Sector, World Journal of Social Sciences, Vol. 2, No. 7, November 2012 Issue, Pp. 9-23. EBSCO host, Directory of Research Journals Indexing (DRJI).
- Does Lintner model of dividend payout hold good? An empirical evidence from BSE SENSEX firms, SDM IMD Journal of Management, vol. 3, No. 2, September 2012, Pp.63-76. EBSCO, Cosmos, J-Gate, i-scholar.
- Growth in sales compared with asset turnover, leverage, and profitability: An analytical study of large Indian companies, Advances In Management, A peer reviewed International Journal, Vol. 4 (11), November 2011, Pp. 58-62. Repec.
- Historical and Implied Volatility: An investigation into NSE NIFTY Futures and Options, Australian Journal of Business and Management research, Vol. 1 No. 7 [112-120]/October-2011. Index Copernicus International (ICI).
- Growth in Sales Compared with Changes in Profitability and in Working Capital – A Study of Indian Pharmaceutical Industry, The Journal of Accounting and Finance, Volume 26, Number 1, October 2011 – March 2012.
- A Study on Working Capital Management of Indian Commercial Vehicles Industry – An Abstract of Doctoral Thesis, Finance India, VOL XXV NO.2, June 2011, Pp.543-550. ABDC – ‘C’.
- The Auditor, Indore Management Journal (by IIM, Indore), Volume 3 Issue 1, April-June 2011, Pp.49-55.
- Working Capital Structure and Liquidity Analysis -An Empirical Research of Indian Commercial Vehicles Industry, The Journal of Accounting and Finance, October 09-March, 2010, pg. 44-59. (UGC Approved and ICI Indexed).
- Exports in Quota Free Regime: A Study of the Perception of Garment Exporters to Succeed in Tirupur, Management Stream, Volume 1, Year 10, 2009.
- Organizational Politics: Its role and impact on professional efficiency, PES Business Review, Vol. 4, Issue 2, June 2009.
- An Empirical Study on Fiscal Fitness of Indian Automobile Industry: Application of Altman’s ‘Z’ score, Advances In Management, Vol. 1(4), July 2008, Pp.23-30.
- Working Capital Management – A Review of Research, Finance India, VOL XXII NO.1, March 2008. ABDC – ‘C’.
- RFID: An innovative technology in retailing beyond barcode, Pragathi, The Journal for practicing managers, Vol. 31, No. 4, October-December, 2007.
- Role of Organizational Citizenship Behavior (OCB) in Organizational Effectiveness, ICFAI HRM Review, July 2007.
- How effective is Cash Management? – An investigation into Indian Commercial Vehicles Industry, South Asian Journal of Management (SAJM), Vol. 14, Issue No. 1, January – March 2007. ABDC – ‘C’.
- Receivables Management in the Commercial Vehicles Industry of India, The ICFAI Journal of Applied Finance, Vol. 13, No.3, March 2007, Pp.76-85. Researchgate, Repec.
- Dynamic Inventory Physical Model, International Review of Pure and Applied Mathematics ,Vol. 2, No. 2, July-December 2006, pp.185-188.
- Working Finance Management of Indian Commercial Vehicles Industry, The Journal of Decision and Mathematical Sciences (J-DAMS), Vol. 11, No. 1-3, January-December 2006, Pp.75-92.
- A Fundamental Analysis of Indian Banking Industry, The ICFAI Journal of Bank Management, Vol. V, No. 4, November 2006, Pp.68-79. ABDC – ‘C’.
- Inventory Management of Indian Commercial Vehicles Industry, The Management Accountant, Vol. 41, No. 10, Oct. 2006, Pp.767-771.
Doctoral Research Supervision
- Comparison of Volatility Index with special reference to India by Ms. Jyoti Chittineni. Alliance University, Bangalore, India. Awarded in August 2016
- A Comparative Analysis of Financial Performance of Selected Private and Public Banks in India by Mr. Ramesh. Bharathiar University, Coimbatore, India. Awarded in August 2018
- A Macroeconomic Stress Testing Framework for Credit Risk in Banking: A Case of India by Ms. Bhavna Ranjan. Alliance University, Bangalore, India. Awarded in February 2019
- Dynamic Interaction between Financial Deepening and Economic Growth by Ms. Nithya R. Alliance University, Bangalore, India. Thesis Submitted
- Earnings Quality Proxies: An Empirical Study on Indian Companies by Ms. Mareena Mathew. Alliance University, Bangalore, India. Thesis Submitted
- Prospect Theory Modified Omega Ratio: Performance Evaluation of Indian Large Cap Oriented Mutual Funds by Mr. Karthik. Alliance University, Bangalore, India. Thesis Submitted.
Papers Presented and sessions chaired in Seminars/Conferences:
- A Comparative Performance Analysis of Private Sector and Public Sector Banks in India, SDM Institute for Management Development, Mysore, September 7-8, 2018. Chaired a technical session.
- Future of Finance, Imperial College Business School, London, April 19, 2018. (Participated in expert discussions)
- Dynamic Interactions among Finance, Trade and Growth: An Empirical Investigation into MINT Nations, World Business Institute and Cheng Chung University, Taipei, Taiwan during October 27 – 29, 2016. Awarded as the best paper. Chaired a technical session.
- How effective is ROE maximization? En evidence form BSE Sensex constituent firms, World finance and banking symposium, Nanyang Business School, Singapore December 12-13, 2014. Chaired a technical session.
- Do futures outperform pits? Evidence from S&P Nifty index futures and options, International conference organized by J A Alpha, Dubai, October 9-11, 2014. Chaired a technical session.
- Venture capital financing: Status and issues in India, SDM Institute for Management Development, Mysore, August 8-9, 2014. Chaired a technical session.
- Composite Portfolio Performance: An Investigation into Indian Mutual Funds, SDM Institute for Management Development, Mysore, August 16-17, 2013. Chaired a technical session.
- What does capital structure depend on? Evidence from S&P CNX Nifty and Nifty Junior firms, World Business Institute, Bangkok, April 2-3, 2013. Chaired a technical session.
- What drives shareholders’ return? Evidence from Indian steel sector, World Business Institute, Kaula Lumpur, February 13-14, 2012. Chaired a technical session.
- Micro Finance in India – Prospects and Problems, Key note Speaker in National Seminar organized by Kuvempu University, India.
- Special Economic Zones: A Boon or a Bane, Key Speaker in National Conference organized by Gulbarga University, India on 8th and 9th Feb. 2007.
- Special Economic Zones: A Boon or a Bane. Key Speaker in National Conference organized by Gulbarga University on 8th and 9th Feb. 2007.
- Working Capital Structure and Liquidity Analysis -An Empirical Research of Indian Commercial Vehicles Industry, Research Development Association, Jaipur. January 5-6, 2008. Chaired a technical session.
- US GAAP Vs. Indian GAAP: A comparison and contrast, Key note speaker in National Seminar organized by Department of Business Administration, Kuvempu University, India on October 27, 2006.
- Role of Organizational Justice In Improving Employee Commitment. Department Of Management Studies, Rajalakshmi Engineering College, Chennai. April 27 – 28, 2006.
- FMCG: Seeing Greener Pasture. Sivasivani institute of Management, Secunderabad, March 10 – 11, 2006.
- A Study on Working Capital Management Practices in Hosur Industrial Area, Research Development Association, Jaipur. February 28 – 29, 2004. Chaired a technical session.
- Indian Textiles Sector and Globalization, P.R.Institute Of Management, Thanjavur. February 6 – 7, 2004.
- WTO and its impact on Agriculture Industry, Association of Indian Management Schools (AIMS), Visakhapatnam.
- Vice Chancellors’ meet on Higher Education in India – Roles and Responsibilities of Private Universities. Organized jointly by Association of Indian Universities and GLA University at Mathura, India, during September 15 – 16, 2015.
- Vice Chancellors’ Annual Meet held at Sardar Patel University, Anand, India during February 5 – 7, 2016.
- Organized and attended, as a nodal officer, Association of Indian Universities (AIU) South Zone Vice Chancellors’ meet at Alliance University, Bangalore during December 11 – 12, 2015.
Membership on Editorial/review Boards of scholarly refereed journals:
- South Asian Journal of Management
- Advances in Management
- Journal of Accounting and Finance
- Journal of Banking and technology
- Amity Journal of Finance
- International Journal of Management Rivulet
Membership in professional bodies:
- Member of American Finance Association (AFA), United States of America.
- Fellow of World Business Institute (WBI), Australia.
- Member of Institute of Managers and Leaders (IML), Australia.
- Life Member of All India Management Association. (AIMA), India.
- Life Member of Consultancy Development Centre (CDC), an autonomous institution promoted by DSIR, Ministry of Science & Technology, Government of India.
- Life Member of National Human Resource Development Network (NHRDN), India.
- Life Member of Research Development Association (RDA), Jaipur, India.
- Life Member of Indian Society for Training and Development (ISTD), India.
- Served as the Chairman and member, on Academic Council and Board of Studies in Management (MBA). The responsibilities included framing rules and regulations and designing and revising the course curriculum for M.B.A programme.
- Served as additional Chief Superintendent Examinations of Madras University and Anna University.
- Served as the Secretary and member of executive council of NHRD Network, Hosur Chapter for three years.
- Served as a member - Executive Council of Hosur Industries Association (HIA).
Expertise in conducting MDPs (Indicative topics):
- Economic Value Added (EVA) and shareholders’ wealth maximization.
- How to read and analyze financial statements for effective decision making.
- Analysis of stock market dynamics.
- Equity and Business Valuation: Models and limitations.
- Personal finance and wealth management.
- Traditional Vs Activity Based Costing system: Comparison and analysis for right decision making.
- Budgeting and budgetary control: A tool for planning and decision making.
- Working Capital Management.
- Finance for non-finance executives.
Awards and Recognitions:
- Received best paper award in International conference organized by World Business Institute and Cheng Chung University, Taipei, Taiwan during October 27 – 29, 2016.