Dr. Shyam SAssociate Professor, Economics, Chairperson (Unnat Bharat Abhiyan) & E-Cell
: +91-712-2805156 email@example.com
Dr. Shyam is an Associate Professor who offers courses in the areas of Economics and General Management. His research interests includes Technology Management and Science and Technology Policy.
- PhD in Management. 2012. Dept of Management Studies, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore. Thesis Title: "An exploratory study of the influence of patent latent variables and firm variables on price of auctioned singleton patents".
- MA Economics. 2005. Dept of Economics, University of Kerala, Thiruvananthapuram.
- BA Economics. 2003. Mar Ivanios College, University of Kerala, Thiruvananthapuram.
- Assistant Professor - Economics and Strategy, from July 2013
- Post Doctoral Fellow. Dept of Management Studies, Indian Institute of Science. 2011 - 2013.
- Strategy Formulation
- Business, Government and Society (Designed the course)
- Strategy and Technology (Designed the course)
- Business in Developed and Emerging Market (Designed the course)
- Creating and Nurturing New Ventures (Designed the course)
- Evolution of Modern Business (Designed the course)
- Applied Econometrics
- Economic Environment of Business
- Macroeconomics: Principles and Policies
Professional Activities (Academic)
- Reviewer for Technovation (ABDC ‘A’), Technology Forecasting and Social Change (ABDC ‘A’), Scientometrics (ABDC ‘A’), Technology Analysis & Strategic Management (ABDC ‘B’), International Journal of Global Business and Competitiveness (ABDC ‘C’), Current Science (Journal of Indian Academy of Sciences) and Triple Helix.
Membership of professional bodies
- Academy of International Business
- Strategic Management Society
- American Economic Association
Research and Publications
Peer Reviewed Journal Publications
ABDC ‘A’ Category Publications
- Perumal, S. & Sreekumaran Nair, S. (2022). Impact of views about knowledge and workplace relationships on tacit knowledge sharing. Knowledge Management Research & Practice. 20 (3). 410-422 [Impact Factor: 2.744]
- Sreekumaran Nair, S., Mathew, M. & Nag, D. (2011). Dynamics between patent latent variables and patent price, Technovation, 31 (12), 648-654. [Impact Factor: 11.373]
ABDC ‘B’ Category Publications
- Perumal, S. & Sreekumaran Nair, S. (2021). Psychological factors influencing patent filing among faculty in Higher Educational Institutions in India. Technology Analysis & Strategic Management. (In Press). https://doi.org/10.1080/09537325.2021.2011852 [Impact Factor: 2.874]
- Perumal, S., Sreekumaran Nair, S. & Unnikrishnan, R. (2020) Triple Helix in practice in Indian HEIs using lens of academic patenting. Technology Analysis & Strategic Management. 32 (11), 1322-1334. [Impact Factor: 2.874]
- Sreekumaran Nair, S., Mathew, M. & Nag, D. (2012). Effect of firm variables on patent price, IIMB Management Review, 2012, 24 (1), 40-47.
- Sreekumaran Nair, S. & Mathew, M. (2015). The dynamics between forward citations and price of singleton patents. International Journal of Innovation and Technology Management. 12 (3), 1-12.
- Mathew, M., Mukhopadhyay, C., Raju, D., Sreekumaran Nair, S. & Nag, D. (2012). An analysis of patent pricing. Decision. 39 (1), 28-39.
- Sreekumaran Nair, S. & Mathew, M. (2011). Invited Book Review - “Shadows of Consumption” by Peter Dauvergne, MIT Press for Current Science. 101 (5), 680-681. [Invited Book Review]
- Perumal, S. & Sreekumaran Nair, S. (2019). POSCO boxed out of Odisha – The power of unfriendly nonmarket forces, Annual Management Conference and Workshop (AMWC) 2019, IMT Nagpur 2-4 January.
- Perumal, S. & Sreekumaran Nair, S. (2018). Effect of future citations and patent renewal on singleton patent’s price, International Conference on Business Analytics and Intelligence (ICBAI) 2018, Indian Institute of Science, 20-22 December.
- Sreekumaran Nair, S. & Mathew, M. (2012). The dynamics between forward citations and price of singleton patents, Technology Management for Emerging Technologies (PICMET), 2012 Proceedings of PICMET’12, pp.1000-1005 July 29 – August 2.
- Sreekumaran Nair, S., Mathew, M. & Nag, D. (2011). Patent price dynamics in the context of patent age and patent latent variables, Technology Management for Global Economic Growth (PICMET), 2010 Proceedings of PICMET '10. pp.1-7, 18-22 July.
Broad Audience Publications
- “Patent maintenance costs for SMEs and start-ups in India and US: A comparison” for SME World (February 2019).
- “Do patents create monopoly?” for SME World (April 2019)
Academic Achievements and Grants
- Recipient of the Indian Economic Association Medal for the best PhD thesis in Management Studies at Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore.
- National Eligibility Test (for Lectureship) awarded by University Grants Commission in Economics (December 2005 and December 2006).
- Recipient of CSIR Foreign Travel Grant to attend PICMET 2012 "Technology Management for Emerging Technologies", Vancouver, Canada. INR 1,20,000.