Prof. Anil KshatriyaAssociate Professor, Finance & Accounting, Chairperson (Library Committee)
: 2805142 firstname.lastname@example.org
Anil Kshatriya works as assistant professor in the area of Finance at Institute of Management Technology Nagpur. His teaching and research interests include Financial Accounting, Managerial Accounting and Management Control Systems.
Prof. Kshatriya is an associate member of Institute of Cost Accountant of India (ICAI) and Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA). He has previously worked as assistant professor at SIBM Pune and as management accountant at Mahindra & Mahindra.
His current research focuses on adoption of activity based costing system by companies in India.
- ACMA, Institute of Cost Accountants of India (2006)
- ACMA, Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (2011)
- UGC-NET with Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) in Commerce (2010)
- M.A Economics, Pune University (2012)
- B.Com with Applied Statistics specialization, Pune University (2005)
- IMT-Nagpur, Assistant Professor, Since April 2013.
- Symbiosis Institute of Business Manaement (SIBM),Pune, Assistant Professor, July 2009-March 2013.
- Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd., Deputy Manager - Accounts, June 2007-June 2009.
Corporate Training Experience
- Taught 'Financial Accounting & Reporting', Management Accounting' and 'Corporate Finance' to middle and senior management executives through Management Development Programmes at L&T (LDA-Lonavla), John Deere, IBM, Cybage Software and Eclerx.
Academic Unit - Finance Area
- Management Accounting
- Financial Accounting
- Business Strategy
- Activity Based Costing and Management (ABCM)
- Strategic Management & Control
- Management Control Systems
- Performance Management
Research and Publications
- “Cost-Time-Quality of Data Driven Decisions”, ICAI WIRC Bulletin, July 2018.
- “Modernising cost management systems in emerging economies”, Financial Management, December 2017.
- “Maturity of Cost Management Systems in Organizations” with Rajendra Patil, Journal of Applied Management Accounting Research (2017), January Issue.
- “The Cost Conundrum” (2016), Indian Management, Vol. 55 Issue 11, November 2016.
- "Turning Cost Advantage into Strategic Advantage", Financial Management (2016), July Issue, 10-12. (Published by CIMA UK)
- "Managing the Mentor-Mentee Relationship" with Anil Joshi, The Smart Manager (2016), July-Aug Issue, Vol. 15, 63-65.
- "Lesson for the Big Boys" with Ajeet Khurana, Indian Management (2016), July Issue, Vol.55, 39-41.
- "Revisiting Reinvestment Rate", Anil Kshatriya and Kunal Khairnar, Management Accountant Journal, May 2016.
- Cost Accounting in the Age of Pricing, BW Business World, April 2016.
- Balancing the Social Balance Sheet, Business Today, May 2016.
- Role of Cost Management in Strategy Formulation, CIMA Edge Newsletter, April 2016.
- Is it Time to Transform Cost Accounting Profession, CMA WIRC Bulletin, May 2016.
- Building a Culture of Cost Consciousness in SMEs, SME World, June 2016.
- Role of Effective Cost Management in the Global Economy”, Samvad (2013), Volume - VI, Pages 41-49, ISSN 2249-1880.
- “Growing with the Masses: A New Approach to Bottom of the Pyramid” with Vivek Sane, Samvad (2011), Vol 3. pp. 7-12.
- “ Competition Driven Team Building” Samvad (2011), Vol. 2, pp. 43-45.
Contributions in E-Magazines:
- 6 Lessons Entrepreneurs Can Teach US, CGMA Magazine, February 2017.
- “5 Ways Business Schools can Fuel the Spirit of Entrepreneurship”, Entrepreneur.com, May 2016.
Newspaper Articles Published:
- What accountants need to know about India’s demonetization, Interviewed by Chris Seedy for CPA Insider (AICPA), February 2017
- “Breaking Down the Walls of Classrooms”, The Huffington Post, June 2016.
- “The True Cost of a Glass of Sugarcane Juice”, The Huffington Post, May 2016.
- Pedagogical Innovations in Entrepreneurship Course (2018). Published by ET Cases. Case ID: ENTP-2-0034, Teaching Note ID: ENTP-2-0034A.
- Understanding Capital Budgeting Decisions(Case ID: FIN-6-0029, Teaching Note ID - FIN-6-0029A)
- VICCO LABORATORIES: Designing a Strategic Road Map (2016). Published by ET Cases (Case ID : STG-2-0032, Teaching Note ID : STG-2-0032A)
- Hozford Inc.: Challenges Of Setting-Up a Research & Development Facility in India (2016). Published by ET Cases (Case ID : STG-2-0031, Teaching Note ID : STG-2-0031A).
- Sugandh Shoppe: A Small Entrepreneur's Forward Integration Strategy (2016). Published by ET Cases (Case ID : ENTP-1-0012, Teaching Note ID : ENTP-1-0012A)
- Anil Kshatriya and Dr. Bhama Venkataramani, 'A Study on Adoption of Activity Based Costing in India', Monash University's 12th International Conference on Quality, Innovation & Knowledge Management (QIK) 14-17 February 2016.
- Anil Kshatriya, Kunal Khairnar and Ashok Kanetkar (2013), Revisiting the Reinvestment Rate, CERE 2013 9-12 May 2013, IIM Indore
- Anil Kshatriya, Kunal Khairnar and Ashok Kanetkar (2012), "Review of Reinvestment Rate assumption in Capital Budgeting Decisions" International Workshop on Computational & Financial Econometrics (CFE 2012), Dec 27-29 2012, VGSOM - Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur.
- Anil Kshatriya (2011), "Circle of Influence: A case of women entrepreneurship in a SME", IMT-Nagpur's 2nd International Case Conference, 3-5 November 2011, Goa.
- Anil Kshatriya (2011), "Competition Driven Team Building", 2nd International Conference on Management of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMECON-2011), IMT Nagpur, 19-20 August 2011, Nagpur.
- Anil Kshatriya and Vinod Shastri (2011), "Using Assessments Meaningfully- Use of assignments to facilitate entrepreneurship education", National Conference on Excellence in Higher Education, IIT Delhi, 1-3 April 2011, Delhi.
- Anil Kshatriya (2010), "Culture and Ethics - A Perspective on Indian Business Values", 3rd International Cross-Cultural Conference, University of Jammu, 2-4 March 2011, Jammu.
Achievements and Awards
- Recipient of 'Silver Medal' in ICWA, Level - II (Intermediate) Examination for securing 7th Rank at National Level.