Dr. Bibhuti Bhusan TripathyAssociate Professor, Area Chairperson (Operations),Controller of Examinations
: +91-712- 2805143 firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. Bibhuti Bhusan Tripathy is an Associate Professor in the area of Operations at Institute of Management Technology, Nagpur since 2016. He holds a Ph.D in Operations from Symbiosis International University, Pune and MMS, M.Sc(Mathematics) from Utkal University. Prior to joining IMT, he was Assistant Professor at Symbiosis Institute of Operations Management from 2007 to 2016. His teaching interests are Operations Management, Operations Research and Optimization Models. He has received “Best Professor in Operations Management” in 2nd Asia’s Best B-school Awards 2011 presented by CMO Asia at Singapore. His research interests are Operations Management, Project Management, Heuristic Methods and Genetic Algorithm. His research work is published in national and international journals.
- Ph.D (Operations) in 2014 from Symbiosis International University, Pune.
- Master of Management Studies (MMS) in 1998 from Utkal University, Bhubaneswar
- M.Sc. (Mathematics) in 1993 from Utkal University, Bhubaneswar
- Associate Professor, Institute of Management Technology, Nagpur Since March 2016
- Assistant Professor, Symbiosis Institute of Operations Management, from June 2007 to February 2016.
- Lecturer, Institute of Management, Bhubaneswar, from June 2001 to May 2007.
- Operations Management, Operations Research, Supply Chain Analytics, Optimization Techniques
- Operations Management, Project Management, Heuristic methods, Genetic algorithm, Goal programming and Multi-criteria Decision making
Research and Publications
- Tripathy B. B, An Optimization Techniques for Crashing PERT networks in Project Management, International Journal of Operational Research, 2011, Vol. 10, no. 3, page 277-289.Scopus Journal listed, Decision Science, Sr. No. 37,ISSN- 17457645.
- Tripathy B B, Biswal M. P., A Zero-One goal programming approach for Project Selection, Journal of Information and Optimization Sciences, 2007; Vol. 28; No. 4; Page 619-626. Connect Journal listed, ISSN- 0252-2665.
- Tripathy B. B. and Lidbe A., Decision Support for Information System Management: An Analytical Hierarchy Process Approach, SCIT Journal, August 2008, Vol. VIII, page 15-20.
- Tripathy B. B., Techniques of Estimating PERT Activity Duration, ICFAI Journal of Operations Management; 2007; Vol. 6; No. 1; pp 34-39.
- Tripathy B. B., Biswal M. P., A Zero-One goal programming approach for Project Selection, Paper presented at IIM, Ahmadabad, National Conference On Management Science and practices, March 31-April 1, 2006.
- Tripathy B. B., "Decision Support System for Information System Management: An Analytic Hierarchy Process Approach", Presented in 9th International Conference on Decision Support System at IIM, Calcutta during January 2-4, 2007.
- Tripathy B. B., " A multi choice goal programming goal programming approach to multi period production line scheduling", Presented in 11th Annual conference of Operations Management Society at SIOM, Nashik during December 21-23, 2007.
- Tripathy B. B., "An Optimization Techniques for Crashing PERT networks in Project Management", Presented in AIMS International Conference at IBS, Hyderabad during 27- 30, December, 2008.
- Tripathy B. B., "Simulation of Estimating PERT Activity Duration by Lognormal Approach" Presented at IIM Ahmadabad , MSP09 conference, during Feb 13-15, 2009.
- Tripathy B. B., Multi-objective Job-shop Scheduling: An Integer Goal Programming Approach, Proceeding of International Conference on Technology and Business Management, Dubai, March 31-April 2, 2009.
- Tripathy B. B., Ganapathy L., A Comparison of experimental Heuristic and Optimal solution in Resource Constrained Project Scheduling, Presented in 14th Annual conference of Operations Management Society, NITIE, Mumbai during December 17-19, 2010.
- Tripathy B. B., Ganapathy L., Multiple Resource Constrained Time-Cost Optimization Using Genetic Algorithms, Presented at International conference of Operations and Quantitative Management, SIOM, Nashik, during June 28-30, 2011.
- Tripathy B. B., Ganapathy L., Crashing stochastic PERT Networks with resource constrained project scheduling problem, Presented at 16th Annual International Conference of Operations Management Society, during, December 21-23, 2012.
- Bibhuti Tripathy, Jitendra Vishnolia , Rohit Kr. Singh, Kumbh Mela: Nasik City Logistics study of the state shuttle-bus transportation system using simulation approach, Presented at 19th Annual International Conference of Operations Management Society, during, December 11-13, 2015.
- Sana Ibrahim Kankanady, Rohit Kumar Singh, Bibhuti Tripathy, Development of Lean Measurement Index using Fuzzy Approach: A Case study of Indian Manufacturing Sector, Presented at 19th Annual International Conference of Operations Management Society, during, December 11-13, 2015.
Accreditation and Professional Membership
- Member of AIMS, International, USA.
Achievements and Awards
- Received Award as Distinguished Professor in Operations Management from Venus International Trust, Chennai in recognition of Outstanding Contributions, Significant Achievements and Sustained Excellence in the field of Operations Management, during the Contemporary Academic Meet-VICAM 2016 held on 9 July 2016 at Chennai.
- Received "2nd Asia's Best B-school Awards 2011" for Best Professor in Operations Management presented by CMO Asia, on 22nd July, 2011 at Singapore.
- Board of Management, Member (Faculty Category), Symbiosis International University, Pune from February 2015 - February 2016.
- First class First in Master of Management Studies (MMS), Utkal University, Bhubaneswar.