Dr. Vinit Singh ChauhanAssociate Professor, Organizational Behavior
: +91-712-+91-712-2805150 firstname.lastname@example.org
Ph.D. (Management), M.A. (Psychology)
Dr. Vinit Singh Chauhan specializes in the area of Organizational Behaviour and has 15 years experience in academics and industry. Currently, he is working as faculty at IMT Nagpur. Earlier, he was Heading, Training & Development Cell at Grasim Industries, Nagda. Dr Vinit has been involved in large number of management development programs for senior and middle level executives of major business houses in the country. He has conducted training sessions for the executives of Grasim Industries at Nagda, Hindalco at Renusagar, National Fertilizers, Guna, National Institute of Public Corporation and Child Development, Indore; Birla White, Jodhpur; Essar Steel Ltd. at Hazira; Hindalco at Renukott ; Bridgestone India Pvt. Ltd. at Pithampur; Lakshmi Cements at Jayakpuram and Mathura Refinery (Indian Oil Corporation) Mathura in the areas of Leadership Development, Lateral Thinking, Analytical Skills, Empowerment, Delegation, Training Techniques for Trainers , Interpersonal skills, Personal Effectiveness, Team Work , Communication, Motivation.
- Ph.D. (Management) in 2003 form Institute Management Studies, Indore.
- MA (Psychology) in 1994 from Devi Ahilya University, Indore
- B.Sc. (Biology) in 1992 from Holkar Science College, Indore
Work Experience : 18 years (Academics - 14 yrs + Industry - 4 yrs)
- Associate Professor, Institute of Management Technology, Nagpur since August 10
- Reader, Prestige Institute of Management and Research, Indore (Oct '09- Aug'10)
- Head Training & Development, Grasim Industries Ltd, (Aug'07- Oct' 09 at).
- Reader, (Last designated as) Prestige Institute of Management and Research, Indore. (Jul'02-Aug'07)
- Lecturer (Last designated as) at Institute Management Studies, Indore (June'96-Aug'02)
- Executive at JLW Ltd, Mumbai (june 1994-May 1996)
Area of Interests
Managerial Effectiveness and Competency Development
- Effect of Personal and Situational variables on Managerial Effectiveness: An Empirical Study. International Journal of Management, 19(1), 27-37.
- Factorial Constitution of Managerial Effectiveness: Re-examining an Instrument in Indian context. Journal of Managerial Psychology, 20 (2). 164 - 177
- Managerial Effectiveness as a Function of Culture and Tolerance of Ambiguity: A Cross-Cultural Study of India and Fiji. International Employment Relations Review, 15 (1), 73.
- Creativity and Training: An overview, Prestige Journal Management and Research, 1 (1).
Management Case Studies:
- Kalka Standards Mills in Whirlpool. (ECCH Case Ref. No. 406-031-1).
- Brand Positioning: A case of Rajaji Palace, (ECCH Case Ref. No.506-067-1)
- Om Prakash at Cross Roads. In PIMR monograph series, Cases in Management: Indian Experiences, 13/2005, 57-60
- Nagin Bhai: A Smart Entrepreneur (Panjon Ltd.). The case was developed from the grant received by Indian School of Business, Hyderabad
- Moving up the Ladder: The Creative Way. Prestige Journal Management and Research, 10 (1-2), 175-177.
- Ownership Paradoxes. In PIMR monograph series, Cases in Management: Indian Experiences, 23/2010, 30-31.
Working Papers :
- Managerial Effectiveness as a Function of Culture and Tolerance of Ambiguity: A Cross-Cultural Study of India and Fiji. Working Paper Series, School of Management, Victoria University, Working Paper No. 14, 2006.
- Organizational Climate, Tolerance of Ambiguity and Learned Helplessness as correlates of Managerial Effectiveness and Managerial Creativity". Published by Indian Institute of Management, Ahemdabad (INDIA), W.P.No.99-11-02, Nov. 1999.
Popular Articles :
- Trinity: The Modern day manager, Free Press, Indore.
- Choosing the best of b-schools, Free Press, Indore.
Papers presented in National and International Conferences:
- Paper titled "A study of Managerial Effectiveness as related to certain Personal and Situational variables" presented at 1999 Annual R&D Management Conference: R & D as a Business hosted by Council of Scientific & Industrial Research (CSIR, New Delhi) with Manchester Business School.
- Paper titled Employee Turnover in IT Sector: A Factorial Study presented at Eighth PIMR National Conference Going Global: Changing Strategies of Winning Organisations.
- Paper titled " Managerial Creativity and Job Anxiety as antecedents of Effectiveness : An Exploratory Study presented at JKLU-CoM-2013: CONFERENCE on "Management Innovations: Challenges and Opportunities for Sustainable Development".