Dr. Jagannath MohantyAssociate Professor, Chairperson (Training & Development)
: +91-712-2805139 email@example.com
Dr. Jagannath Mohanty comes with more than 19 years of experience in teaching, training and research. His 19 plus years of post-qualification work experience has mostly been in teaching, training, mentoring, and guiding students and executives to help achieve higher pursuits in life and career. He is currently serving Institute of Management Technology at Nagpur as an Associate Professor and heads the International Relations and the Department. An avid trainer and researcher, he has published in several international journals. Having aggregated more than 300 hours of executive training on a range of topics including Leadership, Crisis Management, Change Management and Effective Communication, he has been consistently ranked as a top trainer. He has been a visiting scholar to Univeritas De Ponegoro, Indonesia and served at the King Saud University in the College of Business Administration (AACSB Accredited) Riyadh as an Associate Professor, he has been a top instructor engaging classes at masters and PhD level, he has extensively travelled within the country and outside, he loves assisting people in seeking their true selves. A voracious reader and an athlete he is a travel freak and fitness enthusiast
- PhD in Management, from Berhampur University, Berhampur, topic “Impact of Organizational Culture on Organizational Citizenship – A Comparative Study.”
- M.B.A. 1st Class from Berhampur University with dual specialization in HRD and Marketing in 2000
- Graduation in Economics Honors with Distinction.
- Advanced Diploma in Marketing and Sales from NIS SPARTA LTD.
- Cambridge BEC Higher Awarded
- Infosys certified soft skills trainer
Work Experience : 19 years (18 Academics + 1 Industry)
- Associate Professor - HRM/OB from March 2010 at IMT.
- Associate Professor in College of Business Administration, King Saud University (AACB Accredited) , Riyadh, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, from 2nd of Jan 2016 – till 13th of January 2018
- Assistant Professor - Management, from 2000 at National Institute of Science & Technology, Berhampur, Orissa.
- Program Coordinator -NIS Sparta Ltd, Berhampur, Orissa, from 1999
Area of Interests
- Organizational Behavior I, II & III
- Business Ethics
- Strategic Leadership
- Human Resource Management
- Decision Making
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Ethics in Business
- Organizational Culture
- Organizational citizenship Behavior
- Work Volition
- Effective Communication
- K Jehanzeb and J. Mohanty, The mediating role of organizational commitment between organizational justice and organizational citizenship behavior: Power distance as moderator, Accepted for Publication (9th July 2019), Personnel Review, Emerald Insight, (ABDC A Category & Listed in Web of Science)
- S N Sinha & J Mohanty, CSR Initiatives at ITC Limited: Impact on Stakeholders, Accepted for publication in", Emerald Emerging Markets Case Studies, (2018) (Scopus)
- K Jehanzeb and J. Mohanty, Impact of employee development on job satisfaction and organizational commitment: person–organization fit as moderator, International Journal of Training and Development, Vol. 22 No. 2, John Wiley & Sons Ltd. (2018) (Scopus and ABDC listed “C’ category)
- J Mohanty & T Farooq, “Comparative Study of Service Performance in Saudi Hospitals – The Government versus the Private Healthcare System”, Journal of Applied Business and Economics, Vol. 20 No. 4, (2018) (ABDC listed ‘C’ Category)
- J Mohanty & A Aamir, Making Work Volition to Predict Job Satisfaction of Faculty members in Higher Educational Institutes, Theoretical Economics Letters, Vol. 8 No. 7 (2018) (ABDC listed ‘B’ Category)
- J Mohanty, “Impact of Leadership Style on Work Stressors: Role of Employee Empowerment and Perceived Organizational Reputation as Mediators”, Journal of Academy of Business and Economics, Vol. 18. No. 2 (2018) (ABDC listed ‘C’ Category)
- J Mohanty, “Making Citizenship Behaviors Predictable Using Organization Culture Variables” Indian Journal of Economics & Business, Vol.17, No.1 (2018) (ABDC listed ‘C’ Category)
- K. Jehanzeb & J Mohanty, “Examining the Impact of Perceived Organizational Support and Employee Development on Organizational Citizenship Behavior: Moderated by Person–Organization fit”, International Journal of Training and Development, Vol. 22, No. 3, 2018, Emerald Group Publishing (Scopus and ABDC listed)
- Jagannath Mohanty, Shivnath Sinha, "CSR in village school: challenge after success", Emerald Emerging Markets Case Studies, (2017) , https://doi.org/10.1108/EEMCS-08-2016-0164 (Scopus)
- J. Mohanty, Corporate Social Responsibility in India Inc: Are They Spending Right, Journal of Investment and Management, , Vol .4,Num.1, July 2015, USA
- J. Mohanty, Measuring the Impact of Formal Education on Organizational Citizenship Behavior, Academy of Taiwan Business Management Review, Vol .11,Num.1,April 2015, Taiwan (ABDC Listed B category)
- J. Mohanty, S. N Sinha, V. Moonka, “Sustainability and CSR as leading Business Objectives at Infosys Limited”, IMT Case Journal, 2013, Nagpur, India
- J. Mohanty, “Who decides on what to spend in CSR? Moving from compulsion to consensus, International Journal of Economic Behavior and Management, Vol. 2(2), SciencePG, USA
- J. Mohanty, “Green Responsibility: Integrating the Educators, Students and Institutes”, accepted for publication in the Journal of Leadership, Accountability and Ethics, in vol. 10(4), 2013, USA
- J. Mohanty, “Are Government Owned Organizations Deliberately Demonized? The Organizational Citizenship Behavior Indicators,” Advances in Management and Applied Economics Vol. 3, No. 4, 2013, Scienpress, UK.
- J. Mohanty, “Green Responsibility: What Educators, Students and Institutes Can Do?” Vol. 2 No. 6, Indian Journal of Scholarly Research, India
- J. Mohanty & Bhabani P Rath, Organization Culture As Indicators of Citizenship Behaviors within Organizations: A Multi Sector Analysis, Vol. 14. No. 3, Inderscience Journals, UK (ABDC Listed C category)
- J. Mohanty, B. P Rath, “Can Organizational Culture be a predictor of Organizational Citizenship Behaviors”? International Journal of Innovation, Management and Technology, Vol. 3. No. 1, Singapore
- J. Mohanty & B.P Rath, “Using Extra Role Behaviour For Assessing Competency Mapping Of Executives”, International Journal of Human Resource Management and Research, Vol. 2, No. 1, India
- J. Mohanty, B.P Rath, “Influence of Organizational Culture on Organizational Citizenship Behavior: A Three Sector Study”, “Global Journal of Business Research, Vol. 6, No. 1.USA (ABDC Listed C category)
- J. Mohanty, B.P Rath, “Examining the Sustainability of Ethics in Business: An Academic Perspective”, International Journal of Management (IJM), Volume 1, Issue 2 (2010), India
- J. Mohanty, “Examining Challenges of Liberalization in the Context of Poverty and Development”, published in, Delhi Business Review, Vol. 8, No. 1, January – June, 2007
- J. Mohanty, R. Mishra and A.K. Patnaik, Dynamics of Emerging Trends in Telecommunication Technology in a Liberal Economic World, published in journal siddhant vol. 6, No 1, April – June, 2006\
Papers in Communication:
- J Mohanty & T Farooq, No Tricks, No Frills: Flynas Soaring High With Giants
- K Jehanzeb & J Mohanty, Examining the Impact of Perceived Organizational Support and Employee Development on Organizational Citizenship Behavior: Moderated by Person–Organization fit
- K Jehanzeb & J Mohanty, The Impact of Perception of Training on Organizational Citizenship Behavior with Mediating and Moderating Relationship
- Influence of Organizational Culture on Organizational Citizenship Behaviors with Aging and Increased Work Experience
- Do Organizations Grow Culturally with More Educated People?
- Women or Men, Who are better Organizational Citizens: Evidence from Three Sectors
- Do Ethical Organization Spend More on CSR Initiatives?
- Are Better Organizational Citizens Also Better Social Citizens: Comparing Impact of OCBs on CSR
- Measuring the Impact of Age on Organizational Citizenship Behaviors
- Impact of Programmed Courses of Ethics on Business Management Students
- Impact of Age and Experience on Adherence to Organizational Culture
- Impact of Organizational Culture on OCB: A Comparative Analysis. Issues, Perspectives and Interventions, Lambert Academic Publishing, Germany.
Achievements and Award
- Twice adjudged winner of Chancellors’ award for English debate at University level in the Year 1996 and 1997 respectively
- Felicitated with Talent award of 1998
- Best Paper Award for Research at Institute of Business and Financial Research, Las Vegas USA