Dr. Anup KumarAssistant Professor, Operations and Business Analytics
: 2805118 email@example.com
Dr. Anup kumar works as Assistant professor in the area of Operations and Business analytics at Institute of Management Technology, Nagpur. He is a learner and academician with over ten years of teaching, research and industry experience, of having worked at research, development and faculty positions in institutions of repute.
He has multi-functional expertise in Operations, Analytics, Supply Chain, Administration, and Institution Building. This includes the experience of raising and deploying resources for setting up of new ventures. He is an avid researcher, prolific writer and an academician of repute.
He is a member of various bodies and boards of several academic and other institutions. To name a few, he has been a member of System Dynamics Society, AOM and Glow gift Society of Flexible Systems Management.
He has to his credit large number of research papers published in refereed national and international journals listed in Emerald. He is a reviewer for the IJPR, IJSOM and Business Process Management Journal Listed in Scopus and published by Emerald. He has attended and presented research papers at National and International Conferences organized by IITs, IIMs and leading Business Schools and Universities.
He has conducted various training programmers in the area of Analytics, Social Media, Digital Marketing and Statistics. He is also involved in teaching, research and consulting in the area of Social Media Analytics, Soft Computing Tools Applications In Business and Management, System Engineering, Lean Manufacturing, Business process Re-Engineering, Cybernetics, System dynamics, Sustainable Development, Operations Management, Supply Chain Analytics, Data Analytics, and Retail Analytics.
- Ph.D, Management, IIT (ISM) Dhanbad (2014)
- M.Tech Industrial Engineering and management, IIT (ISM) Dhanbad (2007)
- B.Tech, Electronics and Communication, Uttar Pradesh Technical University (2005)
- IMT-Nagpur, Assistant Professor, Since August 2018.
- IIM Jammu , Assistant Professor, May 2017- June 2018.
- IPE Hyderabad, Assistant Professor, January 2017- May 2017.
- IMT Ghaziabad, Research Associate, September 2015 – January 2017.
- IUU Dehradun, Assistant Professor, January 2014 - August 2015.
- JSS Noida, Assistant Professor, April 2008 - November 2013.
- IBM India Pvt.Ltd., Associate System Engineer, September 2018- March 2008.
Corporate Training Experience
- Taught 'Sales Analytics', to middle and senior management executives through Management Development Programme at Dainik Jagran Noida.
Academic Unit – Operations and Business Analytics Area
- Operations Management
- Supply Chain Analytics
- Predictive Analytics
- Sustainability in Industry 4.0
- Supply chain and retail Design
- Optimization of food supply chain
- Performance Management
Research and Publications
- Anup Kumar , (2016),"A conceptual model for automation of product dynamic pricing and sales promotion for a retail organization", Kybernetes, Vol. 45 Iss 3 pp. 490 – 507. (SCI Indexed Impact Factor 0.6)
- Anup Kumar Kampan Mukherjee Amit Adlakha , (2015),"Dynamic performance assessment of a supply chain process", Business Process Management Journal, Vol. 21 Iss 4 pp. 743 - 770 ( ABDC, B Category)
- Anup Kumar, Kampan Mukherjee and Narendra Kumar (2013) ‘Modelling, simulation and analysis control mechanism of a dynamic supply chain system considering supply-price trade-off using control theory’, Business Process Management Journal, Vol. 19, No. 6, pp.933–946.( ABDC, B category)
- Kumar, A., Mukherjee, K. and Kumar, N. (2013) ‘A decision support system for control mechanism of inventory in a dynamic supply chain system considering supply-price trade-off using control theory’, Int. J. Business Performance and Supply Chain Modelling, Vol. 5, No. 3, pp.308–324.
- A. Kumar, K. Mukherjee and A. Adlakha “Modelling of Product Sales Promotion and Price Discounting Strategy using Fuzzy Logic in a Retail Organization” Industrial Management and data systems vol 116 issue 8(2016). ( SCI Index , Impact Factor 1.2)
- Facilitating Quality Project Manager Selection for Indian business environment using Analytical Hierarchy Process. "International Journal of Quality and Reliability Management", Vol 36 issue 6 (2018).( ABDC, B category)
- P. Upadhyay, A. Kumar, “Cold chain Logistics in India”
- Fauzia Siddiqui, Abid Haleem, Anup Kumar and Mohammed Asim Qadri ‘Quantification of Critical Success Factors of Total Quality Management Principles: An Application of Fourier Series Analysis’, Proceedings of GLOGIFT 12 July 30 – August 1, 2012 University of Vienna, Austria pp. 750-757.
- Anup Kumar, Kampan Mukherjee,’ Inventory and waste control in pharmaceutical supply Network, through lean remanufacturing concept using system dynamics in a closed supply chain’2ndInternational Conference on Advanced Manufacturing and Automation (INCAMA-2013) Kalasalingam University, Krishnankoil-626126, Tamil Nadu, India PP125.
- Anup Kumar, Kampan Mukherjee ‘Indian Pharmaceutical supply chains: strategies for optimization and performance measurement’ XVI SOM Conference IIT Delhi Dec 21-23 2012.
- Anup Kumar, Kampan Mukherjee,Virendra kr. Verma ‘Cost effective Design, Modeling and Simulation of a supply network considering uncertainties in demand and supply in a typical pharmaceutical supply chain using traffic engineering concept’International conference on Smart Technologies for Mechanical Engineering DTU Delhi 25-27 oct 2013 Delhi.
- Anup kumar ‘dynamic Performance Assessment of Pharmaceutical supply Chains’ National conference on ‘Corporate India 2020: Emerging Business Dynamics’ June 6-7 2014 IUU Dehradun.
Book edited and author of book chapter:
- A. Kumar, K. Mukherjee and R. K. Shukla, “Integration of Supply Chain of Indian power sector using Forward Contract Concept: a Reliability-based analysis”, Core Sector Management for Global Competitiveness edited by K. Mukherjee et al., published by Excel Books, New Delhi, India, 2010, pp. 52-70.