Dr. Avinash GhalkeAssociate Professor, Finance
: +91-712-2805137 firstname.lastname@example.org
Avinash is a PhD from IIT Bombay and has completed PGDBM from XLRI Jamshedpur. He also holds the CFA Charter from CFA Institute USA. He has over 15 years of professional experience spanning across Financial Services, Information Technology, Consulting and entrepreneurial ventures. He was associated with the Equity research teams at Goldman Sachs, Lehman Brothers and Nomura, tracking Oil & Gas and Pharma sectors. He is a visiting faculty at XLRI Jamshedpur, SP Jain Mumbai and SIBM Pune.
He is currently an Associate Professor at IMT Nagpur. His areas of interest are primarily related to Capital Markets having interfaces with Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs), Political parlances and Corporate Governance.
- PhD, Finance, SJMSOM, IIT Bombay
- CFA Charter, CFA Institute, USA
- PGDBM (Finance & Systems), XLRI, Jamshedpur
- Bachelor of Engineering (Computer Engg), Mumbai University
Work Experience : 17 years (Academics - 4 yrs + Industry - 13 yrs)
- Assistant Professor, Institute of Management Technology, Nagpur since Feb 2020
- XIMR, St. Xavier College, Mumbai (Oct 16 – Feb 20)
- Kuliza Technologies, Bangalore (Oct 15 – Oct 16)
- Sampurna Agro Ventures, Mumbai (Apr 13 – Sep15)
- Nomura Financial Services, Mumbai (Aug 10 – Mar 13)
- Nomura Structured Finance, Mumbai (Oct 08–Aug 10)
- Lehman Brothers, Mumbai (Apr 07 - Sept 08)
- Goldman Sachs, Bangalore (Apr 06 – Mar 07)
- Wipro Technologies, Bangalore (May 02 – May 04)
Financial Modeling, Mergers & Acquisitions, Financial Planning
Area of Interests
Capital Markets having interfaces with Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs), Political parlances and Corporate Governance.
Publications /Conference Papers
Ghalke, A., Chakravorty, C., and Rao, SVDN, 2018, “Earnings Management in IPO Bound Firms: Evidence from Indian SME Exchanges” Asian Economic and Financial Review, 2018, vol. 8, issue 8, 1126-1139 (ABDC-C)
Ghalke, A., Chakravorty, C., and Rao, SVDN, 2018, “Have SME exchanges in India delivered on their promises?”, 3rd International Conference on Financial Markets and Corporate Finance (ICFMCF 2018), IIT Kanpur.
Ghalke, A., and Kakani, R., 2006, “Efficient Market Hypothesis: Parliament effect on Indian Stock Markets” XLRI Working Paper