Dr. Sourav SenguptaAssistant Professor, Operations Management
: +91-712-2805151 email@example.com
Dr. Sourav Sengupta is an Assistant Professor in the area of Operations Management. Dr. Sengupta holds a dual-badge PhD awarded by Indian Institute of Technology Bombay, India, and Monash University, Australia. His research interests include service triads and operations, inter-organizational relationships, sharing economy, humanitarian logistics, behavioral operations management, and he primarily employs qualitative research methodologies. His research appears in journals such as International Journal of Physical Distribution and Logistics Management, The Service Industries Journal, Journal of Supply Chain Management, International Journal of Production Research, International Journal of Computer Integrated Manufacturing, and Computers & Industrial Engineering, among others. He also serves as a reviewer for International Journal of Physical Distribution and Logistics Management and IISE Transactions.
- Ph.D. (Operations Management) IIT Bombay, India and Monash University, Australia (2019)
- M. Tech. (Industrial Engineering & Management), West Bengal University of Technology, India (2011)
- B. Tech. (Information Technology), West Bengal University of Technology, India (2009)
- Assistant Professor, IMT Nagpur: December 2019 to present
- Research Intern, TCS Research & Innovation Lab, Pune, India: November 2017-January 2018
- Project Research Fellow, Shailesh J. Mehta School of Management, IIT Bombay: January-July 2013
- Operations Management
Research and Publications
Service Triads and Operations, Inter-Organizational Relationships, Sharing Economy, Humanitarian Logistics, Behavioral Operations Management
- M Prasad, S Sengupta, T.T. Niranjan (2019), A Peek into Academic (De)motivation of Undergraduates at India's Top Engineering Schools, European Journal of Engineering Education. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1080/03043797.2019.1586837 [SJR Q1].
- S Sengupta, T.T. Niranjan, and M Krishnamoorthy (2018), Trends and Directions in Service Triads Research, International Journal of Physical Distribution and Logistics Management, Vol. 48, No. 3, pp. 333-360 [ABS2 | ABDC A | IF: 5.212].
- S Sengupta, T.T. Niranjan, M Krishnamoorthy, and W van der Valk (2018), A Client-centric Risk-based Taxonomy of Service Triads, The Service Industries Journal. DOI: 10.1080/02642069.2018.1504923 [ABS2 | ABDC B | IF: 1.258].
- M Chattopadhyay, S Sengupta, and B.S Sahay (2016), Visual Hierarchical Clustering of Supply Chain using Growing Hierarchical Self Organizing Map Algorithm, International Journal of Production Research, Vol. 54, No 9, pp. 2552-2571 [ABS3 | ABDC A | IF: 3.199].
- T.T. Niranjan, S Rao, S Sengupta, and S. M Wagner (2014), Existence and Extent of Operations and Supply Management Departmental Thought Worlds: An Empirical Study, Journal of Supply Chain Management, Vol. 50, No 4, pp. 76-95 [ABS3 | ABDC A | IF: 7.125].
- M Chattopadhyay, S Sengupta, T Ghosh, P.K.Dan, and S Mazumdar (2013), Neuro-Genetic Impact on Cell Formation Methods of Cellular Manufacturing System Design: A Quantitative Review and Analysis, Computers & Industrial Engineering, Vol. 64, No.1, pp. 256-272 [ABS2 | ABDC A | IF: 3.518].
- S Sengupta, T Ghosh and P.K Dan (2011), Fuzzy ART K-Means Clustering Technique: A Hybrid Neural Network Approach to Cellular Manufacturing Systems, International Journal of Computer Integrated Manufacturing, Vol 24, No 10, pp. 927-938 [ABDC B | IF: 2.090].
- T Ghosh, S Sengupta, M Chattopadhyay and PK Dan (2011), Meta-heuristics in Cellular Manufacturing: A State-of-the-art Review, International Journal of Industrial Engineering Computations, Growing Science Publisher, Vol. 2, No. 1, pp. 87-122 [SJR Q1].
- S Sengupta, T.T. Niranjan, and M Krishnamoorthy, Balanced, Yet Unstable? Understanding Stability of Service Triads, in Proceedings of POMS 27th Annual Conference, Orlando, Florida, 6-9 May 2016.
- S Sengupta, T.T. Niranjan, and W van der Valk, Classifying Service Triads to Gain Strategic Insights, Annual Meeting of Academy of Management, Vancouver, BC, Canada, 7-11 August 2015.
- S Sengupta, T Ghosh, P.K. Dan and M Chattopadhyay, Hybrid Fuzzy-ART Based K-Means Clustering Methodology to Cellular Manufacturing using Operational Time, International Conference on Operational Excellence for Global Competitiveness, Bangalore, India, 3-5 February 2011.
Achievements and Awards
- Awarded university rank medal (bronze) by Hon'ble Governor of West Bengal, Shri M. K. Narayanan, in November 2011
- Received a testimonial from the CEO, IITB-Monash Research Academy (in 2018) for an internal study.