Dr Jayanthi RanjanProfessor, IT
: +91-712-2805131 email@example.com
Dr Jayanthi Ranjan is currently working as Professor of IT IMT Nagpur currently on deputation from IMT Ghaiabad. She held position of Associate Dean of International relations, IMT Group, India from 2012-2019, Chairperson International relations from 2007-2012; She was faculty professor of IMT Ghaziabad from 2007-2019. She has more than 26 years of teaching, consulting and research experience in Big data, Business Analytics and digital innovations with specific focus on Design thinking and critical problem solving.
She is responsible for international strategic academic activities, international benchmarking campus school alignments, joint co-branding international mobility programs, and satellite campus/overseas campus activities.
She is ranked 6th in India on the India Business school faculty productivity rankings in the area of Information system, as per study conducted by IIM Bangalore and is published in Elsevier A* journal -OMEGA. She has the highest google scholar citations in her current institute with 2000+ citations. Her course outlines Business Intelligence and Big Data are top ten ranked outlines in India. She is a Hong Kong University of Science & Technology certified Big Data expert. She guided 15 PhD and 9 DBA scholars nationally and internationally. She teaches Emergent Technologies in Business, Design thinking (certified from MIT), Business model innovations besides Big Data analytics. She is a certified expert in Digital business transformation processes from Columbia Business USA.
She is a gold medalist and university rank holder in her graduation. Before joining IMT, she has earlier worked as Associate Professor & Program chair at Jaipuria Institute of Management Technology Noida and Amrita Institute of Technology Coimbatore, SNMV college of arts and science Coimbatore.
She has published over 100+ research refereed papers in refereed international/national journals of repute; has been principal investigator of sponsored research projects; has organized 18 conferences both at national and international levels; has presented her research findings in more than 100+ national/International Conferences; and published 20 books. She has also been the editor of a couple of research journals; and is on the Editorial Board of many national/ international journals. She has conducted a large number of Management Development Programmes for executives from public, private and government organizations. She has also done consulting assignments for various private and Government organizations and has travelled widely nationally and internationally on professional assignments and been to many countries including USA, Europe, Japan, Australia, South Korea, Hong Kong, Singapore, etc. Dr Ranjan has been on the expert/ assessment/selection committees of Advisory Boards; Academic Councils business schools; She is a member of a number of professional bodies including Association for Information Systems, AoM, Indian National Science Congress and Indian Society for Technical Education, etc. She has received 2 best paper awards. She has received many awards like ‘Best Teacher Award’, Best Woman Management researcher award, Best management scholar award and Best Management researcher award Global management research award. She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org alternatively email@example.com her hobbies and practices include practicing spiritual occultism.
- Ph.D. (Big Data Statistical Clustering) in 2005 from Jamia Millia Islamia Central University, New Delhi.
- MCA in 1996 from Avinashilingam women’s Deemed University, Coimbatore.
- PGDM Exe. Specialization in Marketing (Finishing 2020 June) IMT CDL
Work Experience : 26 years (Academics + Industry)
- IMT Ghaziabad, Delhi-NCR (14 years)-AACSB Accredited
- Jaipuria Institute of Management Noida (2 years)
- GIMT Institute Greater Noida (3 years)
- Indian Institute of Management, Lucknow & Noida (5 years, visiting)
- Amrita University Coimbatore (3 years 3 months)
- SNMV college, Coimbatore (2 years)
- DataPro Infotech Coimbatore (2 years)
- Kesetsart University Thailand (1 year, visiting).
Area of Interests
- Big Data analytics, Business intelligence and data analytics, Design thinking.
- Associate Editor: International Journal of Intercultural Information Management, Inderscience Publishers http://www.inderscience.com/browse/index.php?journalCODE=ijiim from 2008 to 2018
- Editor: Inter disciplinary journal of information knowledge and management, Informing Science Institute http://www.ijikm.org/editorial.html, from 2008 to 2018
- Managing Editor: IGI ‘s International Journal of Green Computing (IJGC), http://www.igi-global.com/journal/international-journal-green-computing-ijgc/1175#editorial-board up to 2016
- International Journal of Computer and Communication Technology http://www.interscience.in/ijcct.html)
- Editorial Board Member: International Journal of Electronic CRM, Inderscience Publishers, 2007-2016
- Editorial Board Member: International Journal of Computer Vision and Robotics, Inderscience Publishers 2007-2016
- Editorial Board Member: International Journal of Modeling in Operations Management (IJMOM), Inderscience Publishers Editor, Journal of Software: Academy publishers. 2007-2016
- Reviewer: Journal name: Information Sciences, Elsevier. 2007-2016
- Associate Editor, for International Journal: Journal of Theoretical and Applied Information Technology
- Technical Editor: Information Technology Journal: ANSI Publishers, http://www.ansinet.com/
- Serving as a Technical Reviewer for 15 Inderscience journals (Inderscience publishers, UK).
- Serving as a Technical Reviewer for several 8 Emerald Journals, Emerald Publishers, Elsevier journals.
GUEST EDITOR: INTERNATIONAL REFEREED JOURNALS
- IJECRM: International Journal of Electronic Customer Relationship Management, Inderscience Publishers, for a special issue on IIRB 2008, International Conference on Innovation in Redefining Business Horizons. Volume 4 - Issue 1 – 2010 ABDC, C rated journal
- IJVCM International Journal Value Chain Management, Inderscience Publishers, for a special issue on IIRB 2008, International Conference on Innovation in Redefining Business Horizons.2010 Vol 3 No 4. Guest Editor Dr Jayanthi Ranjan ABDC, C rated journal
- TLO - The Learning Organization Emerald Publishers Vol 18, Issue 2, 2011, Guest Editor: Dr Jayanthi Ranjan. ABDC, C rated journal
- JKMP; Journal of Knowledge Management Practices. Vol. 11, SI-1, January 2010, Guest Editor , Dr Jayanthi Ranjan; ABDC, B rated journal
- Guest Editors: Dr. Jayanthi Ranjan and Professor Easwar Krishna Iyer Special Issue on SMAC: Social, Mobility, Analytics and Cloud Computing. IJIIM International Journal of Intercultural Information Management 2014 Vol. 4 No. 2/3 Inderscience publishers http://www.inderscience.com/info/inarticletoc.php?jcode=ijiim&year=2014&vol=4&issue=2/3
- Guest Editor, IJLEG International Journal of Logistics Economics and Globalization. Int. J. Logistics Economics and Globalization, Inderscience Publishers Vol. 6, No. 2, 2014. SPECIAL ISSUE: SOCIAL MEDIA AND E-MARKETING. ABDC, C rated journal http://www.inderscience.com/info/inarticletoc.php?jcode=ijleg&year=2014&vol=6&issue=2
CASEs WRITTEN FOR RICHARD IVEY AND THE CASE CENTRE (ECCH)
- Sandeep Puri, Marie Theresa Manalac, Jayanthi Ranjan (2020) Customer Management at Magellan Savings Bank of Philippines, Richard Ivey Case Publishing house, Teaching note reference no 2019-09-08 , Accepted , will appear online in Mid-March 2020.
- Jayanthi Ranjan Utkarsh Tripathi (IMT Student) Krati Gupta (IMT Student). (2018) Case titled: The Green Snack Co Brings Healthy Snacking to India , Case - Reference no. 818-0025-1, case hyperlink https://www.thecasecentre.org/main/products/view?id=151902 Teaching note, reference no : 818-0025-8
- Jayanthi Ranjan Utkarsh Tripathi (IMT Student) Krati Gupta (IMT Student) (2018) Will Mumma's Box Be Able to Change Taste of India? Case Reference no. 818-0028-1 https://www.thecasecentre.org/educators/products/view?id=152068 Teaching notes : 818-0028-8 ID ref. no.
- Jayanthi Ranjan, Sanchita Krishna (2016) “ Vizury: Empowering the Digital Customer Relationship”, WDI Publishers, UNIVERSITY OF MICHIGAN, Case No 1-430-452, Teaching note: 1-430-452 Hyperlink: http://wdi-publishing.com/casedetail.aspx?cid=1430452
- Jayanthi Ranjan (2016) Sanchita Krishna Shankar Gopinath, ‘Should Mahindra Reva Strengthen its market position in India?" . Richard Ivy Case House. https://www.iveycases.com/ProductView.aspx?id=72300
- Sandeep Puri, Jayanthi Ranjan (2015) ATONE HOSPITAL, Case -Reference no. 915-006-1 Authors: Puri, S. Institute of Management Technology, Ghaziabad (IM). Hyperlink : http://www.thecasecentre.org/educators/products/view?id=126052
- Easwar Krishna Iyer, Jayanthi Ranjan.” “BlazeClan Technologies: Cloud Computing Adoption in India”, A Richard Ivey Case Study and teaching note, Product Number - 9B14E025. Hyperlink: https://www.iveycases.com/ProductView.aspx?id=64857
- Jayanthi Ranjan, Manubhav Goel (Student), Shreya Bisht (Student) Case title: OLA cabs: sustainability the smart way? , (2015) with teaching note, published in case centre. Hyperlink : http://www.thecasecentre.org/educators/products/view?id=130322
- Jayanthi Ranjan, Varsha Arvind (Student), Haran (Student), 2015, case title: WASSUP ONDEMAND: THE QUESTION DHOBI GOES DIGITAL, published in The case centre, Hyperlink: http://www.thecasecentre.org/educators/products/view?id=130320
- Jayanthi Ranjan, Sanchitha Krishna (Student) (2015) Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation Limited (IRCTC): eCatering for Indian Railways’ http://www.thecasecentre.org/educators/search/results?s=2536298CC9D13E7CD91EBEEB6812F89E
- Jayanthi Ranjan, Sandeep Puri. “Ideas Kitchen’s Expansion Fix”, A Richard Ivey Case Study. Case developed with teaching notes Published with Richard Ivey House. Hyperlink: https://www.iveycases.com/ProductView.aspx?id=68688
- Jayanthi Ranjan, Parijat Upadhyay Case developed, published with teaching notes and sent to Richard Ivey House. Titled: AIRTEL MONEY: CAN THE AFRICAN MAGIC BE ‘REPLICATED’ IN INDIA. https://www.iveycases.com/ProductView.aspx?id=63614
- Jayanthi Ranjan (2014), ‘The Online Classifieds Battle- OLX India over Quikr’, Co-authors: Students of IMT: VP Haran, Dasarathi Varatharajan and Shankar Gopinath. Case ID : 514-131-1; Teaching Notes ID : 514-131-8, Hyperlink : http://www.thecasecentre.org/educators/products/view?id=124856
- Jayanthi Ranjan (2014), ‘The battle against Anemia- the Tamil Nadu Model. Co-authors: Students of IMT: VP Haran, Dasarathi Varatharajan and Shankar Gopinath, Case ID : 314-298-1 ; Teaching notes ID : 314-298-8 Hyperlink http://www.thecasecentre.org/educators/products/view?id=124854
- Jayanthi Ranjan (2014) CAN ABSOLUTDATA SUSTAIN SMART AND INTELLIGENT ANALYTICS? Co-author: Student of IMT: Gagandeep Singh.Case ID : 814-072-1 Teaching notes ID : 814-072-8 Hyperlink : http://www.thecasecentre.org/educators/products/view?id=124913
- Jayanthi Ranjan (2014) THE MAIDS' COMPANY: ENHANCING QUALITY OF LIFE. Co-author: Student of IMT: Ashutosh Navgaje.Case ID : 814-067-1 Teaching Notes ID : 814-067-8 Hyperlink : http://www.thecasecentre.org/educators/products/view?id=124766
- Jayanthi Ranjan (2014) DealGali: Empowering Offline Businesses. Co-author: Student of IMT: V Raghavendra and Rahul Billapati. Case Id : 914-027-1 Teaching Notes ID : 914-027-8 Hyperlink : http://www.thecasecentre.org/educators/products/view?id=124725
- Jayanthi Ranjan (2014) IT in Hitexal Diamonds Pvt Ltd, Surat. Co-authors: Karthik G (Student, IMT Ghaziabad), Vikas Gupta (Adjunct Faculty IMT Ghaziabad). Case ID : 314-307-1 Teaching note ID : 314-307-8 Hyperlink : http://www.thecasecentre.org/educators/products/view?id=124911
- Jayanthi Ranjan (2014) SAKHA – A SOLUTION TO OVERCOME THE NIRBHAYA FEAR? Co-authors: Students of IMT: Anish Shankar, VP Haran, Dasarathi Varatharajan and Shankar Gopinath.(in Review for SAGE CASE journal) (This case has been selected as a top ten case study out of 100 cases of John Molson International case writing competition in Montreal Canada, certification of appreciation was awarded)
Awards And Honors
- Ranked 6th in All India, in MIS area, according to Research Study conducted by IIM Bangalore on “Business School Faculty Research Productivity” and is published by OMEGA, ELSEVIER top journal. Hyperlink : http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0305048316000359
- Dr Ranjan is the only faculty from private B-school to be chosen for Founding directors of Association of Information Systems India chapter (IS chapter world is most elite and recognized). Rest of the faculty are from ISB and IIM – A, B, C, L and IITs.
- Dr Ranjan’ s course “Business Intelligence and Big data” is ranked India’s top ten by Indian corporate’s most circulated magazine on analytics CONSECURIVELY FOR YEARS 2015 AND 2016,2017 , 2018, 2019 http://analyticsindiamag.com/top-10-analytics-courses-in-india-ranking-2015/ and http://analyticsindiamag.com/top-10-analytics-courses-india-ranking-2016/
- Dr Ranjan’s Post Graduate Executive Certificate program on Data Science and Big Data is top ten ranked course-outlines.
- Dr Ranjan is a Hong Kong University of Science & Technology (HKUST) Executive Certified Big Data Expert. She consults companies on Big Data Analytics.
- Certified Corporate Director from Institute of Directors, New Delhi, India.
- Certified course expert on “Digital Transformation” by Columbia Business School, USA. She received advanced training from CBS, USA.
- Dr Ranjan is MIT USA certified Design Thinking Evangelist; is a consultant to many SMEs , NGOs and banks and successfully solved many real world issues using design thinking ideas.
- Dr Ranjan topped consecutively in the yearly Faculty performance appraisal by IMT Ghaziabad from June 2007 till June 2018; Awarded the highest points and highest credits each year, though different appraisal policies and schemes introduced for the last 12 years.
- Holds the highest number of GOOGLE SCHOLAR RESEARCH citations in the IMT Group (Ghaziabad, Nagpur, Hyderabad, and Dubai). Has over 1800+ citations. https://scholar.google.co.in/citations?user=HgQROBYAAAAJ&hl=en
- Research Gate citations; https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Jayanthi_Ranjan
- Successfully Guided 9 PhD Indian students (India), 2 DBA International Students from Mauritius University of Technology, Mauritius, and 9 DBA students from University of Newcastle Australia. Currently guiding 5 PhD scholars and 3 DBA scholars. Approved DBA supervisor from University of Newcastle, Australia.
- Dr Ranjan’s Case study was selected in World’s Top 10 cases in “John Molson World case writing contest”, in 2014. Awarded Appreciation certification.
- Delivered invited talks in NAFSA, EAIE, APAIE and EdUniversal conferences.
- Attended CII, FICCI, AssoCham and Nasscom events as guest of honor.
- Evangelist – Design & critical thinking. Certified practitioner.
- Adjunct visiting professor, IIM Lucknow Noida Campus, India., Jamia Millia Islamia (2002-2005), IITD (2001-2005)
- Visiting professor - IMT Dubai, Kasetsart University, Thailand, Telecom De Ecole France.
- Adjunct Professor at IIM Lucknow Noida campus.
- Visiting Researcher - University of Kasetsart, Thailand. (2005-2006)
- Awarded AIMS International Fellow, in 2019 conducted Jan 2019.
- Awarded AIMS International’s Outstanding Women Management Researcher Award, 2016.
- Awarded AIMS International Outstanding Management Teacher Award for the year 2012
- Awarded AIMS International Outstanding Management Researcher Award year 2011.
- Awarded AIMS International Young Management Researcher Award 2009.
- Awarded AIMS Global Management Researcher Award for the year 2010.
- Awarded Best Teacher 2008 by AIMAs – Ghaziabad Management Association GMA.
- Dewang Mehta award for Best IT Professor for the year 2010.
- Two Best paper awards in Conferences (2000 and 2010)
- AIMA (All India management Association) ACCREDITED MANAGEMENT TEACHER.
- Best paper award worth 150$ in MONTREAL’ JUNE 2014 AES-ATEMA conference.
- Evaluator and question paper setter for various renowned institutions like ICWAI for Charted Accountants exams from Govt of India and universities
- Best feedback holder award at the faculty - feedback Systems at Amrita Institute of technology, Coimbatore, India, Jaipuria Institute of Management Noida, India.
- National Merit Scholarship holder for 7 years.
- Gold Medalist in Graduation.
- University Rank in Graduation.