Dr. Parijat UpadhyayAssociate Professor, Information Management
: +91-712-2805132 email@example.com
Associated with Institute of Management Technology (IMT), Nagpur from April,2018. Previously associated with IMT, Ghaziabad (from May 2012 onwards). Teaches courses like Management Information Systems, Operations Management, Supply Chain Management and Enterprise Resource Planning .
Delivered courses with NIIT-Imperia for their satellite based programmes. The participants of such programs are mid-level managers associated with various multinational and reputed Indian companies. Serves as the Head of the AACSB Task Force at IMT Nagpur. Also served as a member of the core committee on AACSB accreditation process.
Undertaken and successfully completed projects under industry-academic collaboration. Published research papers in reputed International and national journals. Developed cases for classroom teaching based on field experience and some of them have been published by reputed case publishing houses like Ivey, Asian Case Research Journal and Case Centre.
Dr. Parijat Upadhyay have successfully organized several academic events. He was the Co-Convener of the International Conference on Facets of Doing Business in Emerging Markets (with focus on Inclusive and Sustainable growth) in academic collaboration with University of Texas at El Paso,USA on July 28th and 29th.,2016 at IMT Ghaziabad. The conference was sponsored by NABARD.He has also served as Conference Chair at several international and national level conferences both in India and abroad.
- PhD in Management from West Bengal University of Technology, Kolkata.
- Master in Computer Management (MCM) from Symbiosis Institute of Computer Studies and Research (affiliated to Pune University) in June 2000..
- Post-Graduation Certificate on Logistics and Supply Chain Management from XLRI,Jamshedpur.
- Certification on Project Management in IT from National University of Singapore.
- Certification on Digital Business Transformation from Columbia Business School.
Work Experience : 26 years (Academics - 20 yrs + Industry - 06 yrs)
- Associate Professor - Institute of Management Technology, Nagpur Since April 2018.
- Assistant Professor - Institute of Management Technology, Ghaziabad (May 2012 - March 2018).
- Assistant Professor, Information Systems and Academic Chairperson, International School of Business and Media, Kolkata (May 2008 - Nov 2010).
- Faculty, Tuples Infotech Business School, Meerut (Aug 1996 - July 1998).
- Lecturer, Globsyn Business School, Globsyn Technologies, Kolkata (June 2006 - May 2008).
- Lecturer, Faculty of Management Studies, Dr.B.C.Roy Engineering College, Durgapur (July 2005 - May 2006).
- Lecturer, Dept. of Computer Application, Asansol Girls’ College, Asansol (Jan 2001 - July 2005).
Information Systems and Operations and Supply Chain Management
Research and Publications
- Parijat Upadhyay & Meenakshi Khemka (2020) " Linkage between Social Identity creation and social networking site usage: The moderating role of usage intensity", Journal of Enterprise Information Management.ISSN 1741-0398 (Accepted, in Press) (ABDC A Category)
- Parijat Upadhyay & Amit Kundu (2020) “Linkage between business sustainability and tacit knowledge management in MSMEs: A Case Based Study”, VINE Journal of Information and Knowledge Management Systems.ISSN 0305-5728. DOI 10.1108/VJIKMS-08-2019-0133 (ABDC B Category)
- Parijat Upadhyay, Manas Paul, (2019) "The linkage between knowledge management practices and organization based projects for better learning outcome: A conceptual framework", International Journal of Educational Management, Vol. 33 Issue: 1, pp.166-178, https://doi.org/10.1108/ IJEM-04-2018-0133( ABDC B Category)
- Parijat Upadhyay & Tanushree Chakraborty (2018) “Managing self towards managing people: role of perceived emotional competencies in healthcare organizations” International Journal of Work Organization and Emotion.ISSN 1740-8946.DOI 10.1504/IJWOE.2018.091333 (ABDC B Category)
- Parijat Upadhyay, Susmita Chatterjee & Sangita DuttaGupta, (2018) "Sustainability of microenterprises: an empirical analysis", Benchmarking: An International Journal, Vol. 25 Issue: 3, pp.919-931, https://doi.org/10.1108/BIJ-07-2017-0185 ( ABDC B Category)
- Parijat Upadhyay, Susmita Chatterjee & Sangita Dutta Gupta, (2018) "Empowering women and stimulating development at bottom of pyramid through micro-entrepreneurship", Management Decision, Vol. 56 Issue: 1, pp.160-174, https://doi.org/10.1108/MD-04-2017-0296. ( ABDC B Category)
- Debasish Maitra and Parijat Upadhyay (2017): Fostering Rural Financial Services through Technology: The Case of FINO PayTech Asian Case Research Journal, June 2017, Vol. 21, No. 01: pp. 81-117. Print ISSN: 0218-9275 (A World Scientific Publication, Scopus Indexed)
- Upadhyay Parijat & Ghosh Roy G. (2017): "Does e-Readiness of citizens ensure better adoption of Government’s digital initiatives? A Case based Study. Journal of Enterprise Information Management, Vol.30, Issue 1, pp.65-81. ISSN: 1741-0398(ABDC A Category).
- Upadhyay Parijat & Saeed Jahanyan (2016): "Analyzing user perspective on the factors affecting use intention of mobile based transfer payment”. Journal of Internet Research, Vol. 26 Issue 2, pp.38-56. ISSN: 1066-2243. (ABDC A Category
- Upadhyay Parijat & Ghosh Roy S. (2016): "Impact of exchange rate movement and macro-economic factors on exports of software and services from India’”. Benchmarking: An International Journal.Vol. 23 Issue 5, 2015. ISSN: 1463-5771, pp 1193-1206. (ABDC B Category)
- Upadhyay Parijat, Rajni Singh, Saeed Jahanyan & Sreethi Nair (2016): "Measuring the effects of role efficacy enhancement on knowledge workers. Evidence from Indian IT industry. Journal of Productivity and Performance Management.Vol.65 Issue 6. ISSN: 1741-0401 pp 860-872. (ABDC B Category)
- Parijat Upadhyay, Amit Kundu, Sreethi Nair, (2016) "On managing business, organization climate and enterprise system implementation: Insights from Indian MSMEs", Journal of Workplace Learning, Vol.28 Issue: 8, pp.472-483, doi: 10.1108/JWL-05-2016-0040. ( ABDC C Category)
- Upadhyay Parijat & Manojit C. (2015): "Examining mobile based payment services adoption issues: A new approach using Hierarchical Clustering and Self Organizing Maps", Journal of Enterprise Information Management, Vol. 28 Issue: 4, 2015.Page 490-507.ISSN: 1741-0398(ABDC A Category).
- Upadhyay Parijat (2013): “Proposing a model to assist Indian Small and Medium Scale Enterprises in their ERP implementation”. Published in Asia Pacific Journal of Management Research and Innovation.Vol.9 (1), page 91-98 ISSN: 2319-510X (A SAGE Publication)
- Upadhyay Parijat, Saeed Jahanyan, Pranab K. Dan (2011): "Factors influencing ERP implementation in Indian manufacturing organisations: A study of micro, small and medium-scale enterprises", Journal of Enterprise Information Management, Vol. 24 Issue: 2, 2011. pp.130 – 145, ISSN: 1741-0398(ABDC A Category)
- Upadhyay Parijat, Dan P.K and Bandopadhyay G. (2010):’Proposing a AHP based reference model to assist Indian SME’s in their ERP implementation’. International Journal of Value Chain Management. Vol.5, No.2/ 2011, page 106-118. ISSN (Online): 1741-5365 - ISSN (Print): 1741-5357 (ABDC C Category)
- Upadhyay Parijat & Dan P.K. (2010): “User’s Perspective of Factor(s) influencing for ERP implementation in Small and Medium Enterprises in India”. International Journal of Electronic CRM Vol. 4 No.1.2010. ISSN (Online): 1750-0672 - ISSN (Print): 1750-0664. DOI: 10.1504/IJECRM.2010.031383. (ABDC C Category)
Selected Publications in Edited Books
1. Upadhyay Parijat & Dan P.K. “An explorative study to identify the Critical Success Factors for ERP implementation in Indian small and medium scale enterprises”. ISBN: 978-0-7695-3513-5. (An IEEE CS Press Publication)
2. Upadhyay Parijat & Dan P.K.:”A Study To Identify The Critical Success Factors For ERP Implementation In An Indian SME: A Case Based Approach”. The paper has been published in Communications in Computers and Information Science.ISSN-1865-0929.(A Springer Publication)
3. Upadhyay Parijat & Dan P.K:”A Study of Factor(s) Affecting ERP Implementation in India”. The paper included in the IACSIT-SC proceeding and indexed by Ei Compendex and ISTP. International Conference on Information Systems: 2009 IACSIT Spring Conference (IACSIT SC 2009), held at Singapore on April 17-20, 2009. (An IEEE CS Press Publication)
4. Upadhyay P, Debasis Guha & Dan P.K.: “Compilation and analysis of literature on ERP implementation issues”. Published in an edited book titled Innovation Management.ISBN-0230-63732-9. (A MacMillan Publication)
5. Upadhyay Parijat, Basu R, Dan P.K. : “Issues before Indian Small and Medium Scale Enterprises opting for ERP implementation”, Information Intelligence, Systems, Technology and Management, Communications in Computer and Information Science, 2011, Vol 141, 1., 41-50, ICISTM- 2011.( A Springer-Verlag Publication)
6. Upadhyay Parijat, Dan P.K, and Basu R: “Proposing a model to assist Indian Micro, Small and Medium scale enterprises in their ERP Implementation.” Published as a book chapter titled ‘International Conference on Business and Information Management’.ISBN 978-818-424-744-2. (By Alliance Publishers)
7. Upadhyay Parijat, and Banerjee A.: “The Impact of e-readiness on E-Commerce Success in India: Some Firm Level Evidence”. Published as a book chapter in a book titled Trends in Marketing towards Business Excellence.pp126-134.ISBN 978-935-059-028-7. (A MacMillan Publication)
8. Upadhyay Parijat: ‘User perspective in adoption of New Field Communication Technology for mobile based payments in India-An Exploratory Study’ published in ICTTM-2015 Conference proceedings by Emerald India.ISBN-9780992680053.
CASE STUDIES PUBLISHED (REFERRED)
1. NEXA: Is MSIL targeting premium by pampering? Case accepted by Ivey Publishing. (Jointly with Manas Paul, Boishampayan Chatterjee & Neel Das).
2. Airtel Money: Can the African success be replicated in India? Published by Ivey Publishing No.9B14E027. (Jointly with Dr.J.Ranjan) and listed in Harvard Business Publishing.
3. Neo Tobacco: E-Retail Channel. Published by Case Centre, UK (No.314-342-1). Jointly with Prof.Anand Khanna & Aarthi MC.
4. Can EKO grow in a dynamic mobile payment eco-system? .Published by Case Centre, UK (No.315-128-1).Jointly with Anirban Sharma.
5. Tantuja: Can handloom weaving be profitable? Published by Case Centre, UK (No.315-291-1).Jointly with Dr.Amit Kundu.
Selected Paper Acceptance / Presented at Conferences
1. Presentation of Paper at International Conference on Information Systems, Technology and Management (ICISTM) by Institute of Management Technology (IMT), Ghaziabad held on 12-13 Mar.2009 at IMT, Ghaziabad. Paper: A Study to Identify the Critical Success Factors for ERP Implementation in an Indian SME: A Case Based Approach.
2. Acceptance of Paper at International Conference on Information Systems: 2009 IACSIT Spring Conference (IACSIT SC 2009), held at Singapore on April 17-20, 2009.Paper: A Study of Factor(s) Affecting ERP Implementation in India. The paper included in the IACSIT-SC proceeding and indexed by Ei Compendex and ISTP and published by IEEE CS Press.
3. Presentation of Paper at International Conference on Information Technology and Business Intelligence (ITBI-09), IMT Nagpur: Paper titled “ERP in MSMEs: A Study of the underlying factors affecting implementation”. Paper presented on 6th and 7th of Nov., 2009 at IMT Nagpur.
4. Presentation of paper at Inaugural International Conference by Academy of Management at XLRI, Jamshedpur: Paper titled “ERP in Indian SME’s: A post Implementation study of the underlying implementation issues”. Paper presented on 28th - 30th of Dec., 2009 at XLRI Jamshedpur.
5. Presentation of paper at International Joint Information and Communication Technology( IJcICT 2010) to be organized by University of Malaysia, Perlis and IIMT Bhubaneswar. Paper titled “ERP in Indian SME’s: A post implementation study of the underlying critical success factors”. Paper presented on 9th - 10th of Jan., 2009 at IIMT Bhubaneswar.
6. Upadhyay Parijat, Dan P.K, and Basu Rana: “Issues affecting implementation of ERP in Indian SMB’s: An exploratory study.” Accepted and presented in the 1st.National Conference on Industrial Engineering and Management, held at WBUT on 17 and 18th Feb., 2011.
7. Upadhyay Parijat, Dan P.K, and Basu Rana: “Proposing a model to assist Indian Micro, Small and Medium scale enterprises in their ERP Implementation.” Accepted and presented in the 1st International Conference on Business and Information Management, held at National Institute of Technology, Durgapur on 9-11 Jan., 2012.
8. Acceptance and presentation of paper titled “Exploring factors affecting adoption of Money Transfer and Payment mechanism using Mobile Phones” at 6th International Conference on Contemporary Business ,organized by IIT Delhi and University of Curtin, Australia held at IIT Delhi from Oct.18-20, 2012.( Jointly with Abhisekh Sharma and Saikat Ghosh Roy).
9. Paper presentation in the 8th. NASMEI Conference 2014 at Great Lakes, Chennai. Dec.26-27, 2014.Paper title ‘Exploring consumers’ usage intention for mobile money in India: An empirical study’.
10.Paper presentation in International Conference on Telecommunications Technology & Management ( ICTTM-2015) organized by IIT Delhi on April 11-12,2015.Paper titled ‘ User perspective in adoption of New Field Communication Technology for mobile based payments in India-An Exploratory Study’.
- Undertaken an Industry-Academia collaborative project titled FINO to study rural financial inclusion through technology. Duration : 12 months ( Nov.2012 to Oct.2013).Funded by Centre for Rural Innovation & Capacity Building through Knowledge Management, entrepreneurship &Technology(CRICKET),IMT. Company: FINO PayTech.
- Undertaken an Industry-Academia collaborative project titled Supply Chain re-structuring at Tantuja. Duration : 17 months ( April 2014 to Aug.2015).Funded by Centre for Rural Innovation & Capacity Building through Knowledge Management, entrepreneurship and Technology(CRICKET),IMT. Company: Tantuja (Govt. of West Bengal).
- Undertaken an Industry-Academia collaborative project to study the operations of Cold Chains and the effects of GST on cold chain operations.
Duration: 6 months (Oct. 2015 to March 2016). Company: M.J.Logistics, Palwal.
Achievements and Awards
- Received the BEST Paper Award at the 1st International Conference on Business and Information Management organized by National Institute of Technology (NIT), Durgapur in collaboration with Emporia State University, USA.Hosted by NIT Durgapur from 9-11 Jan.2012.
- The project on financial inclusion using technology was shortlisted for presentation at a National Level Competition at the International Conference on Financial Inclusion under Innovation for Impact National level Competition at XLRI, Jamshedpur.13-15 Sept.2013.
- University MERIT RANK HOLDER at the Graduation Level(Burdwan University)
- Recipient of COAL INDIA Merit Scholarship from 1989-1999.
- Visiting Faculty for MIS for Telecom Ecole de Management,Paris.
- Reviewer of International Journals(Sage,Emerald,Taylor&Francis,IEEE)
- Served in Technical Committees in International Conferences on Information Systems organized by MDI,Gurgoan( ICISTM-2011),Indian Academy of Management & Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad(IAM2013)
- Served as a Reviewer for AOM for the years 2016,2017 and 2018.