Dr. Anup KumarAssociate Professor, Operations and Business Analytics, Editor of IMT Nagpur Journal
: 2805118 email@example.com
Dr. Anup kumar works as Associate professor in the area of Operations and Business analytics at Institute of Management Technology, Nagpur. He is a learner and academician with over ten years of teaching, research and industry experience, of having worked at research, development and faculty positions in institutions of repute.
He has multi-functional expertise in Operations, Analytics, Supply Chain, Administration, and Institution Building. This includes the experience of raising and deploying resources for setting up of new ventures. He is an avid researcher, prolific writer and an academician of repute.
He is a member of various bodies and boards of several academic and other institutions. To name a few, he has been a member of System Dynamics Society, AOM and Glow gift Society of Flexible Systems Management.
He has to his credit large number of research papers published in refereed national and international journals listed in Emerald. He is a reviewer for the IJPR, IJSOM and Business Process Management Journal Listed in Scopus and published by Emerald. He has attended and presented research papers at National and International Conferences organized by IITs, IIMs and leading Business Schools and Universities.
He has conducted various training programmers in the area of Analytics, Social Media, Digital Marketing and Statistics. He is also involved in teaching, research and consulting in the area of Social Media Analytics, Soft Computing Tools Applications In Business and Management, System Engineering, Lean Manufacturing, Business process Re-Engineering, Cybernetics, System dynamics, Sustainable Development, Operations Management, Supply Chain Analytics, Data Analytics, and Retail Analytics.
- Ph.D, Management, IIT (ISM) Dhanbad (2014)
- M.Tech Industrial Engineering and management, IIT (ISM) Dhanbad (2007)
- B.Tech, Electronics and Communication, Uttar Pradesh Technical University (2005)
- IMT-Nagpur, Assistant Professor, Since August 2018.
- IIM Jammu , Assistant Professor, May 2017- June 2018.
- IPE Hyderabad, Assistant Professor, January 2017- May 2017.
- IMT Ghaziabad, Research Associate, September 2015 – January 2017.
- IUU Dehradun, Assistant Professor, January 2014 - August 2015.
- JSS Noida, Assistant Professor, April 2008 - November 2013.
- IBM India Pvt.Ltd., Associate System Engineer, September 2018- March 2008.
Corporate Training Experience
- Taught 'Sales Analytics', to middle and senior management executives through Management Development Programme at Dainik Jagran Noida.
Academic Unit – Operations and Business Analytics Area
- Operations Management
- Supply Chain Analytics
- Predictive Analytics
- Sustainability in Industry 4.0
- Supply chain and retail Design
- Optimization of food supply chain
- Performance Management
Research and Publications
- Kumar, A. (2022). Appropriation of sustainability priorities to gain strategic advantage in a supply chain. International Journal of Productivity and Performance Management, 71(1), 125-155, ISSN 1741-0401, https://doi.org/10.1108/IJPPM-06-2020-0298( ABDC B and Scopus)
- Kumar, A. (2022). How blockchain technology can be a sustainable infrastructure for the agrifood supply chain in developing countries. Journal of Global Operations and Strategic Sourcing, ISSN 2398-5364, https://doi.org/10.1108/JGOSS-08-2021-0058 ( ABDC C and Scopus)
- Adlakha, A. (2022). Antecedents and consequences of adopting CLTS among tribal communities to become open defecation free: case study on Indian Swachh Bharat Abhiyan. Environmental Science and Pollution Research, ISSN 0944-1344, https://doi.org/10.1007/s11356-022-18854-3 ( Scopus)
- Upadhyay, P. Kumar A (2022). Continual usage intention of platform-based governance services: A study from an emerging economy. Government Information Quarterly, 39(1), ISSN 0740-624X, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.giq.2021.101651( ABS 3* and Scopus))
- Chakraborty, T. Kumar A (2021). Link between social distancing, cognitive dissonance, and social networking site usage intensity: a country-level study during the COVID-19 outbreak. Internet Research, 31(2), 419-456, ISSN 1066-2243, https://doi.org/10.1108/INTR-05-2020-0281 ( ABDC A and Scopus)
- Kumar, A. (2021). Improvement of public distribution system efficiency applying blockchain technology during pandemic outbreak (COVID-19). Journal of Humanitarian Logistics and Supply Chain Management, 11(1), 1-28, ISSN 2042-6747, https://doi.org/10.1108/JHLSCM-06-2020-0050 ( ABDC C and Scopus)
- Vishvakarma, N.K. Kumar A (2021). An Empirical Analysis of Impact of Organizational Strategies on Critical Success Factors of Business Process Reengineering. Global Journal of Flexible Systems Management, 22(1), 55-73, ISSN 0972-2696, https://doi.org/10.1007/s40171-021-00259-9( Scopus)
- Kumar, A. (2021). From Physical Food Security to Digital Food Security. Delivering value through blockchain. Scandinavian Journal of Information Systems, 33(2), 137-180, ISSN 0905-0167 ( ABDC A and Scopus)
- Kumar, A. (2021). Application of Analytics in Supply Chain Management from Industry and Academic Perspective. FIIB Business Review, ISSN 2319-7145, https://doi.org/10.1177/23197145211028041 ( Scopus)
- Kumar, A. (2021). Performance evaluation of Indian banks using feature selection data envelopment analysis: A machine learning perspective. Journal of Public Affairs, ISSN 1472-3891, https://doi.org/10.1002/pa.2686 ( ABDC A and Scopus)
- Kumar, A. (2021). Value and incentives for adoption of Blockchain technology for a single supplier multiple retailer networks. Journal of High Technology Management Research, 32(1), ISSN 1047-8310, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.hitech.2021.100407 ( ABDC C and Scopus)
- Kumar, A. (2021). How successful have the lockdowns been in controlling the (COVID-19/SARS-CoV-2) pandemic - A simulation-based analysis. International Journal of Modeling, Simulation, and Scientific Computing, 12(3), ISSN 1793-9623, https://doi.org/10.1142/S1793962320410020 ( Scopus)
- Upadhyay, P. Kumar A (2020). The intermediating role of organizational culture and internal analytical knowledge between the capability of big data analytics and a firm's performance. International Journal of Information Management, 52, ISSN 0268-4012, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijinfomgt.2020.102100 ( ABDC A* and Scopus)
- Kumar, A. (2020). Lean manufacturing in pharmaceutical closed-loop supply chain. International Journal of Environment and Waste Management, 26(1), 14-38, ISSN 1478-9876, https://doi.org/10.1504/IJEWM.2020.108062 ( Scopus)
- Upadhyay, P. Kumar A (2020). A house of sustainability-based approach for green product design: Setting future research agenda. Management of Environmental Quality: An International Journal, 31(4), 819-846, ISSN 1477-7835, https://doi.org/10.1108/MEQ-03-2019-0057( ABDC C Scopus)
- Sahu, A.K Kumar A. (2020). Evaluation of machine tool substitute under data-driven quality management system: a hybrid decision-making approach. TQM Journal, ISSN 1754-2731, https://doi.org/10.1108/TQM-07-2020-0153 ( ABDC B Scopus)
- Kumar, A. (2020). Digital Humanitarianism in a Pandemic Outbreak: An Empirical Study of Antecedents and Consequences. IFIP Advances in Information and Communication Technology, 618, 24-32, ISSN 1868-4238, https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-64861-9_3( Scopus)
- Kumar, A. (2020). Role of Intrinsic and Extrinsic Factors Affecting Continuance Intentions of Digital Payment Services. IFIP Advances in Information and Communication Technology, 618, 544-555, ISSN 1868-4238, https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-64861-9_48( Scopus)
- Kumar, A. (2019). Objectivity in performance ranking of higher education institutions using dynamic data envelopment analysis. International Journal of Productivity and Performance Management, 68(4), 774-796, ISSN 1741-0401, https://doi.org/10.1108/IJPPM-03-2018-0089 ( ABDC B Scopus)
- Kumar, A. (2018). The effect of perceived security and grievance redressal on continuance intention to use M-wallets in a developing country. International Journal of Bank Marketing, 36(7), 1170-1189, ISSN 0265-2323, https://doi.org/10.1108/IJBM-04-2017-0077 ( ABDC A and Scopus)
- Sharma, K.K. Kumar A (2018). Facilitating quality project manager selection for Indian business environment using analytical hierarchy process. International Journal of Quality and Reliability Management, 35(6), 1177-1194, ISSN 0265-671X, https://doi.org/10.1108/IJQRM-10-2016-0175 ( ABDC B Scopus)
- Kumar, A. (2016). Modeling of product sales promotion and price discounting strategy using fuzzy logic in a retail organization. Industrial Management and Data Systems, 116(8), 1418-1444, ISSN 0263-5577, https://doi.org/10.1108/IMDS-10-2015-0438 ( ABDC A and Scopus)
- Kumar, A. (2016). A conceptual model for automation of product dynamic pricing and sales promotion for a retail organization. Kybernetes, 45(3), 490-507, ISSN 0368-492X, https://doi.org/10.1108/K-03-2015-0075 ( Scopus and web of science)
- Kumar, A. (2015). Dynamic performance assessment of a supply chain process: A case from pharmaceutical supply chain in India. Business Process Management Journal, 21(4), 743-770, ISSN 1463-7154, https://doi.org/10.1108/BPMJ-09-2014-0086( ABDC B Scopus)
- Kumar, A. (2013). Modelling, simulation and analysis of control mechanism of a dynamic supply chain system considering supply-price trade-off, using control theory. Business Process Management Journal, 19(6), 933-946, ISSN 1463-7154, https://doi.org/10.1108/BPMJ-05-2012-0044 ( ABDC B Scopus)
- Kumar, A. (2013). A decision support system for control mechanism of inventory in a dynamic supply chain system considering supply-price trade-off using control theory. International Journal of Business Performance and Supply Chain Modelling, 5(3), 308-324, ISSN 1758-9401, https://doi.org/10.1504/IJBPSCM.2013.055741( Scopus)
- P. Upadhyay, A. Kumar, “Cold chain Logistics in India”
- Fauzia Siddiqui, Abid Haleem, Anup Kumar and Mohammed Asim Qadri ‘Quantification of Critical Success Factors of Total Quality Management Principles: An Application of Fourier Series Analysis’, Proceedings of GLOGIFT 12 July 30 – August 1, 2012 University of Vienna, Austria pp. 750-757.
- Anup Kumar, Kampan Mukherjee,’ Inventory and waste control in pharmaceutical supply Network, through lean remanufacturing concept using system dynamics in a closed supply chain’2ndInternational Conference on Advanced Manufacturing and Automation (INCAMA-2013) Kalasalingam University, Krishnankoil-626126, Tamil Nadu, India PP125.
- Anup Kumar, Kampan Mukherjee ‘Indian Pharmaceutical supply chains: strategies for optimization and performance measurement’ XVI SOM Conference IIT Delhi Dec 21-23 2012.
- Anup Kumar, Kampan Mukherjee,Virendra kr. Verma ‘Cost effective Design, Modeling and Simulation of a supply network considering uncertainties in demand and supply in a typical pharmaceutical supply chain using traffic engineering concept’International conference on Smart Technologies for Mechanical Engineering DTU Delhi 25-27 oct 2013 Delhi.
- Anup kumar ‘dynamic Performance Assessment of Pharmaceutical supply Chains’ National conference on ‘Corporate India 2020: Emerging Business Dynamics’ June 6-7 2014 IUU Dehradun.
Book edited and author of book chapter:
- A. Kumar, K. Mukherjee and R. K. Shukla, “Integration of Supply Chain of Indian power sector using Forward Contract Concept: a Reliability-based analysis”, Core Sector Management for Global Competitiveness edited by K. Mukherjee et al., published by Excel Books, New Delhi, India, 2010, pp. 52-70.