Dr. Veena K. PailwarProfessor, Economics, Hostel Warden (Girls)
: +91-712-2805112 email@example.com
Recipient of ODA scholarship for her M. Phil. from Cambridge University, UK and UGC JRF & SRF for Ph.D. from GIPE, Pune University, Dr. Veena K. Pailwar has around 25 years of research and teaching experience.
Presently she is working as Professor of Economics in IMT –Nagpur. Prior to joining IMT, she has worked with XLRI Jamshedpur, NIPFP New Delhi, NCAER New Delhi and NIFM Faridabad.
She has published several papers and cases along with teaching notes in referred Indian and international journals and online case repositories. She has also authored three books. Her areas of research interest are computable general equilibrium modeling, financial sector modeling, foreign capital flows, impact of financial, fiscal and external sector reforms, economics and business environment and forecasting methods.
- Ph.D. (Economics), in 1999 from Gokhale Institute of Politics and Economics, University of Pune, India.
- M.Phil. (Economics), in 1989 from University of Cambridge, UK.
- M.A. (Economics), in 1988 from Gokhale Institute of Politics and Economics, University of Pune, India.
- Professor - Economics, from Oct 2008
- Joined as Associate Professor in Sep 2006
- Xavier Labour Relations Institute (XLRI), Jamshedpur (6 years).
- National Institute of Financial Management (NIFM), Faridabad (1 ½ years).
- National Council of Applied Economic Research (NCAER), New Delhi, (3 ½ years ).
- National Institute of Public Finance and Policy (NIPFP), New Delhi ( 1 year).
Research and Publications
Cases with Teaching Note::
- “Compulsory Licence for Saxagliptin: Protection Vs. Competition”, IVEY Publishing, August 2016 (Case Product Number: 9B16M136; Teaching Note Product No.: 8B16M136).
- "Rajghat Power Plant: Economy or the Environment", (Accepted), IVEY Publishing, June 2016, (Case Product Number: 9B16M089; Teaching Note Product No.: 8B16M089).
- "Coalgate: The Coal Crisis in India", (2016), Case Centre, June 2016, Case No. 216-0031-1; Teaching Note No216-0031-1).
- "BSES Discoms: Losses Can Derail Privatization Success" (2016), Case Centre, June 2016, Case No. 216-0029-1; Teaching Note No.: 216-0029-1).
- "Coal India Limited: Privatization or Disinvestment?" (2016), IVEY Publishing, March 2016, (Case Product Number: 9B16M048; Teaching Note Product No.:8B16M048).
- "Power Crisis in India" (2015), Case Centre, (Case No. 215-083-1; Teaching Note No.:215-083-8)
- "Australian Automotive Industry in Decline", IVEY Publishing, June 2015, (Case Product Number: 9B15M007; Teaching Note Product No.: 8B15M064)
- "Toyota Australia in Peril" (2015), IVEY Publishing, April 2015, (Case Product Number:9 B15M007; Teaching Note Product No.: 8B15M007),
- "Search Engines in Search of Fair Play" (2014), IVEY Publishing, September 2014, (Case Product Number: 9B14M112; Teaching Note Product No.: Product Number: 8B14M112),
- India Shedding Tears over Onion Prices" (2013), International Journal of Case Studies in Management, HEC Montréal, June, vol.11, issue2,
- Business Environment (2014), PHI Learning Private Ltd., New Delhi
- Economic Environment of Business (2012 -Third ed.), (2010-Second ed.), and (2008-First ed.), PHI Learning Private Ltd., New Delhi
Online Resources for Instructors and Students:
- Instructors' Resources for the book Business Environment, www.phindia.com/veenapailwar/
- Students' Resources for the book Business Environment, www.phindia.com/veenapailwar/
- Instructors' Resources for the book Economic Environment of Business, www.phindia.com/veenapailwar/
- Students' Resources for the book Economic Environment of Business, www.phindia.com/veenapailwar/>
Papers in International Journals:
- "A Note on Futures Trading in Soy Oil", International Journal of Research in Management, Economics and Commerce, Indus Foundation for Education, Research & Social Welfare, May 2015 (Co-authored: Alok Kumar Sahai) .
- "Futures Trading in Soy Complex in India: A Primer for Novice Traders", International Journal of Innovative Research and Development, Globeedu Group, Vol. 4, Issue 6, June 2015 (Co-authored: Alok Kumar Sahai),
- "Impact of Membership of Financial Institutions on Rural Saving: A Micro-Level Study" (2010), International Business & Economics Research Journal (Co-authored Kaur, et. al.), October, Vol 9, Number 10,
- "Revealed Comparative Advantages for India in Services Trade" (2009), International Journal of Trade and Global Markets, (Co-authored with Nirav Shah), Vol. 2, No.2,
News Paper Article
- “Shadow Economy, Withdrawal Of High Denomination Notes And Impact On the Indian Economy”, Business World, November 18, 2016.
- Managerial Economics
- Business Environment
- Demand & Business Forecasting
- Money, Banking & Finance
- Financial Markets and Institutions
- Commercial Banking
Managerial economics, business environment, economics of banking and finance, econometrics
Empirical Research in Business, Economics and Finance
Awards, Fellowships and Scholarships
- 19th Dewang Mehta Business School Award for Best Teacher in Economics.
- Best Paper Award for the paper "Revealed Comparative Advantages for India in Services Trade" presented in Global Academy of Business and Economic Research International Conference, held during September 17- 19, 2008 in Orlando, Florida, USA.
- UGC Senior Research Fellowship for Ph.D. from 1991 to 1994.
- UGC Junior Research Fellowship for Ph.D. from 1989 to 1991.
- Cambridge Commonwealth, O.D.A. Scholarship (England) for M. Phil Degree, 1988-89.