Prof. P.K. BrahmaAdjunct Faculty
- IAAS( Rtd), former Chairman
- Audit Board and Dy. CAG of India (Secretary to Govt. of India) & former Ombudsman(Banking)
- BA (Hons) in Economics & Political Science from Presidency College (now Presidency University), Calcutta University (1961).
- MA in Economics from Presidency College, Calcutta University (1963).
- Masters Diploma in Public Administration (now MPhil), IIPA ,New Delhi(1981).
- Executive Development Programme for senior offers at ASCI, Hyderabad.
- Advanced Professional Programme in Public Administration (APPA) (9months) at IIPA, New Delhi.
- MPhil –PhD Programme- completed (1981-82), JNU, New Delhi (PhD- Thesis could not be submitted).
- Research on The World Bank’s Impact on Indian Administration as part of PhD Programme.
- Commonwealth Universities Administrative Fellowship to study Computerization in U.K. Universities.(1986). Studied Computerization of the University Finances at Birmingham, Edinburg, York, Oxford, and Sussex Universities.
- Asst. Professor of Economics, Vidyasagar College, Kolkata (1964-1966)
- Organized Training Programmes for Officers and Trainers for the conduct of audit of the United Nations when the Indian CAG was elected as Member of the UN Audit Board.
- Leader of the Audit Team for conducting Audit of United Nations Organizations at Nairobi and London.
- Indian Delegate to World Bank Conference on Environment at Washington.
- Indian Delegate to UNESCO Conference at Paris.
- Member of the delegation to study world-class airports at Dubai, Frankfurt, Amsterdam, London, Singapore etc.
- Leader of the Indian Delegation to Maldives to finalize bilateral Air Services Agreement.
- Leader of the Indian Delegation to Russia for procurement of helicopters.
- LeaderLeader of the Indian delegation to Poland under Indo-Polish Exchange Programme.
- Leader of the CAG’s Team to an ASOSAI Conference at Australia.
- Course Director of a number of International Programmes organized in India by the CAG of India for the Officers of Supreme Audit Institutions of Asia, Africa and European countries
- Adjunct Professor , IMT,Ghaziabad.(Since Jan.2009 till date).Subjects for Teaching:1.Economic Environment of India; 2.Managerial Economics; 4.Business Ethics .
- Independent Director on the Board (and also Member of the Audit Committee ) of Scooters India Ltd. - a Central Govt. Public Sector Undertaking, Lucknow( 2007-2011) .The responsibility involves enforcing Corporate Responsibilities , taking all Board decisions and Review of the Physical and Financial Performance of the Company.
- Banking Ombudsman, Reserve Bank of India, Ahmedabad (2004-2007). A Quasi- Judicial Authority vested with the powers of :(1)Arbitration of disputes between Banks.(2)Adjudication of all Customer Complaints against all banks including foreign banks.(3).Customer Education through public lectures ,radio talks and exclusive TV Discussions.
- Dy. CAG of India (Secretary to Govt of India,2003). Chief of Staff of the Indian Audit and Accounts Department controlling about 60,000 officers & staff in more than100 offices. Over-all in charge of the Academy of Audit & Accounts, Shimla and the International Centre of Information Systems and Audit (ICISA),Noida. Also,in charge of auditing of and presentation of CAG’s Audit Reports on Indian Railways to the Parliament.
- Chairman,Audit Board & Dy.CAG of India (Secretary to Govt of India,2002). In charge of Supplementary Audit and certification of Accounts of all Central PSUs (240 Undertakings) and also finalizing Commercial Audit Reports and Performance Appraisal Reports on PSUs for submission to the Parliament.
- Additional Secretary, Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions, Govt. of India (1999-2001). In charge of Pensions, Cadre Review of Group “A” Services, States Reorganization etc. Also served as Chairman of Kendriya Bhandar, the biggest Central Consumer Cooperative Society.
- Joint Secretary & Financial Advisor,Ministry of Civil Aviation & Tourism (1995-99). Also, Financial Advisor of the Ministry of Environment & Forests and the Department of Ocean Development.
- Director on the Management Boards of Air India, Indian Airlines, Pawan Hans, ITDC, HCI and Airports Authority of India. Great responsibility fell on me for all Board decisions and for enforcing Corporate Responsibilities in the capacity of Government Director (1995-1999).
- Member of the Governing Councils of major Institutes under the Ministry of Environment & Forests like FRI University ,Dehra Dun, Forest Academy, FRI, Wild Life Institute of India, ICFRE, Salim Ali Institute of Ornithology, Coimbatore etc.(1995-99).
- Principal Director in the Office of CAG of India(1992-1994) in charge of finalization of CAG’s Audit Reports on Central Excise and Customs and Income Tax. Also in charge of O & M and Training of CAG’s Organization.
- Accountant General(Audit),Rajasthan(1988-1992) . In charge of Auditing the Rajasthan Govt. and finalization of Audit Reports on the State for submission to Rajasthan Assembly.
- Head of Finance & Treasurer, JNU, New Delhi (Finance Officer,1984-1988).Also, Member of University Court . In charge of the finances of the University—Budget Preparation, Budget presentation in the Court and in the Executive Council, Budget Implementation, Accounting and Audit .Had to participate in all major Administrative, Academic and Financial decisions. Participated in all major Seminars, Conferences and Academic discourses.
- Deputy Secretary and Under Secretary, Ministry of Defence, New Delhi (1974-1979).
- Lecturer in Economics in Vidyasagar College, Calcutta(1964-66)
- Business Ethics.
- Managerial Economics.
- Economic Environment of India
- Corporate Governance and Corporate Social Responsibilities.
- A book of poems (Bengali)
- Poems in various magazines
- Ethics in Governance in “ Contemporary Issues In Public Accountability and Audit”, Mathur, Dharam Vir and Sethumadhavan (Eds), APH Publishing Corporation, New Delhi, 2012.
- Decision-making Process in the Central Government (Dissertation), published as lead article in ASCI Journal of Management, Hyderabad. Ombudsman Movement in India (Article), IPAI Journal, Institute of Public Auditors of India.
- Social Audit (Article), Journal of Management and Audit, CAG of India.
- Finalized and published CAG’s Audit Reports on the State of Rajasthan (1988-1992) for submission to the Rajasthan Assembly each year as Accountant General, Rajasthan.
- Finalized and published CAG’s Audit Reports on Indirect Taxes for submission to the Parliament Principal Director in CAG’s Office.
- As Dy. CAG finalized and published a number of CAG’s Audit Reports on Public Sector Undertakings and the Indian Railways for submission to the Parliament.
- As Joint Secretary finalized the Budgets and the Grants and the Performance Budgets for the Civil Aviation, Tourism and Environment Ministries for submission to the Parliament.