Dr. Santhi PerumalAssociate Professor, General Management
: +91-712-2805136 firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. Santhi Perumal is an Associate Professor affiliated to the General Management area. She currently teaches courses in General Management and OB-HR. Her research interests include Knowledge Appropriation (academic patenting, National Innovation Systems and knowledge sharing) and Corporate Social Responsibility.
- Ph D (Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore)
- Post Graduate Diploma (Educational and Vocational Guidance - NCERT, New Delhi)
- MA (Applied Psychology and Psychological Services - Madras University)
- B. Sc Ed (Regional Institute of Education, Mysore)
- Assistant Professor- IMT Nagpur, December 30, 2013 onwards
- Lecturer, Women's Christian College, Chennai, November, 2005 - March, 2007
- Assistant Professor, Adhiparasakthi college of Physiotherapy, Melmaruvathur, November, 1994 - May, 2004
- Innovation Management
- Business History
- Organizational Behavior
- Human Resources Management
Area of Interests
- Knowledge Appropriation (academic patenting, national innovation systems, knowledge sharing)
- Corporate Social Responsibility.
Professional Activities (Academic)
Reviewer for Peer Reviewed Journals
- Technology Analysis & Strategic Management. 2021 (ABDC ‘B’)
- International Journal of Global Business and Competitiveness. 2021 (ABDC ‘C’).
- Triple Helix. 2022.
- The International Journal of Science in Society. 2011.
- Current Science. From 2015 onwards
Membership of professional Bodies:
- American Psychological Association
- Madras Psychological Association.
Research and Publications
Peer Reviewed Journal Publications
ABDC ‘A’ Category Publication
- Santhi Perumal and Shyam Sreekumaran Nair. Impact of views about knowledge and workplace relationships on tacit knowledge sharing. Knowledge Management Research & Practice, 2022, 20 (3): 410-421. [ABDC ‘A’, Impact Factor: 2.744]
ABDC ‘B’ Category Publications
- Santhi Perumal and Shyam Sreekumaran Nair. Psychological factors influencing patent filing among faculty in Higher Educational Institutions in India. Technology Analysis & Strategic Management. (In Press). https://doi.org/10.1080/09537325.2021.2011852 [ABDC ‘B’, Impact Factor: 2.874].
- Santhi Perumal, Shyam Sreekumaran Nair and Ramesh Unnikrishnan, Triple Helix in practice in Indian HEIs using lens of academic patenting. Technology Analysis & Strategic Management, 2020, 32 (11): 1322-1334. [ABDC ‘B’, Impact Factor: 2.874]
- “Technology Business Incubators in India: Structure, Role and Performance” (by M.H. Bala Subrahmanya and H.S. Krishna) for Current Science (2022, Vol. 122, No. 6, pp. 743-744). [Invited Book Review]
- Mary Mathew, D. Kumar and Santhi Perumal . 2011. Role of Knowledge Management Initiatives in Organizational Innovativeness: Empirical Findings from the IT Industry. Vikalpa: The journal for Decision Makers, 36 (2): 31-43.
- Santhi Perumal and Mary Mathew, 2011. Psychological Determinants of Patenting Behavior in Academic Inventors. The International Journal of Science in Society, 2 (1): 209-222.
- “Basic Research Methods: An Entry to Social Science Research” (by Gerard Guthrie, Sage) for Current Science (2011, Vol. 100 No. 4, pp. 560-561), along with Mary Mathew. [Invited Book Review]
- “Applied Psychometry” (by N. K. Chadha, Sage Publications) for Current Science (2010, Vol. 98, No. 4, pp. 567 -569), along with Mary Mathew. [Invited Book Review]
Broad Audience Publications
- Which customer is the king?” for Human Capital (August 2020).
- “Promoting and Incentivizing Referral based Recruitment at Alpha Pvt Ltd.” for Human Capital (October 2019).
- “Importance of digitization for SMEs” for SME World (March 2019).
- “Zero Defect Zero Effect (ZED) scheme to stimulate growth of MSMEs” for SME World (December 2018).
- “Adopting environmental sustainable practices by MSMEs” for SME World (November 2018).
Refereed Conference Proceedings
- Santhi Perumal and Shyam Sreekumaran Nair. POSCO boxed out of Odisha – The power of unfriendly nonmarket forces, Annual Management Conference and Workshop (AMWC) 2019, Institute of Management Technology Nagpur 2-4 January, 2019.
- Shyam Sreekumaran Nair and Santhi Perumal. Effect of future citations and patent renewal on singleton patent’s price, International Conference on Business Analytics and Intelligence (ICBAI) 2018, Indian Institute of Science, 20-22 December 2018.
- Santhi Perumal. Comparative study of sustainability reporting in five leading companies of India, International Conference on Sustainability and Management Strategy 2018, Institute of Management Technology Nagpur, 28-29 September, 2018.