Dr. Jasbir Singh MatharuAssociate Professor, Finance, Chairperson (International Relations)
: +91-712-2805152 firstname.lastname@example.org
Prof. Jasbir Singh Matharu is an Associate Professor (Finance) at Institute of Management Technology, Nagpur. He has done his Ph.D. from Indian Institute of Foreign Trade (Deemed University), New Delhi. He earned his Master’s degree in Commerce from University of Calcutta and MBA from Griffith University, Queensland, Australia. He was associated with a couple of brokerage firms before venturing into academics. He has been into academics for the last 18 years. His research interests include efficiency of stock markets, Behavioral Finance and valuation of securities. He is currently teaching Corporate Finance, Investment Management and Financial Modeling using Excel.
- Ph.D. from Indian Institute of Foreign Trade (Deemed University), New Delhi
- MBA (Finance and Investment) from Griffith University, Australia (1997)
- M.Com. from Calcutta University (1993)
- NSE's Certification in Capital Markets and Derivatives
- Diploma in French language and Commercial French from Alliance Française de Calcutta
- Associate Professor - Finance, Institute of Management Technology, Nagpur. Joined IMT Nagpur in May 2011
- Faculty Member at International School of Business & Media, Kolkata June 2008 - April 2011
- Lecturer and Assistant Professor at Institute of Engineering and Management, Kolkata, September 2004 - May 2008
- Lecturer at the Centre for Management Studies, JIS College of Engineering, Kalyani, July 2003 - August 2004
- Lecturer at institutes like Future Institute of Engineering and Management etc. July 2002 - June 2003
- Worked at various Stock Brokerage firms November 1997 - June 2002
- Corporate Finance
- Investment Management
- Financial Modeling Using Excel
- Efficiency of Stock Markets, Behavioral Finance, Valuation of Securities, Portfolio Management
Resource Person for MDPs/FDPs/Workshops
- Management Development Program for Asian Paints at Institute of Management Technology, Nagpur
- Management Development Program for the officers of Geological Survey of India at Institute of Management Technology, Nagpur
- Inaugural guest and speaker for the Short Term Training Program on Effective Teaching (under TEQIP - II) organized by the Department of Management Studies of G H Raisoni College of Engineering, Nagpur in December, 2016
- Workshop on “Financial Analysis and Modeling using Excel”, May 17 and 18, 2013 at Institute of Management Technology, Nagpur
- Certificate Course on Small Enterprise Management (SEMAP), January 5 - March 3, 2013, at Institute of Management Technology, Nagpur
- Faculty Development Programme at S B Jain Institute of Technology, Management and Research on February 2, 2013
- Faculty Development Programme on Mergers and Acquisitions: Strategy, Valuation & Integration, October 11 - 13, 2012 at Institute of Management Technology, Nagpur
Research and Publications
- Paper published in the Global Business Review, 19(6), 2018, on “Long Term Performance of Buybacks in India”, co-authored by Dr J K Seal.
- Paper published in The International Journal of Business & Management (ISSN 2321 - 8916), titled 'Impact of Quarterly Earnings and Dividend Announcements on Stock Prices in India', in June 2016
- Paper published in the NSHM Journal of Management Research and Applications (ISSN 0975-2501) on "Long Run Performance of Initial Public Offerings and Seasoned Equity Offerings in India" in July 2016, co-authored by Dr J K Seal.
- Paper published in the Working Paper series of Indian Institute of Foreign Trade, New Delhi, titled 'Long Run Performance of Initial Public Offerings and Seasoned Equity Offerings', in May 2012.
- Presented a paper titled “Underpricing of Initial Public Offerings in India” in the 5th International Conference on Sustainability and Management Strategy, jointly organized by Institute of Management Technology, Nagpur, Council for Scientific & Industrial Research-National Environmental Engineering Research Institute, and California State University San Bernardino, USA, held during September 28-29, 2018 at the Institute of Management Technology, Nagpur campus.
- Presented a paper titled "Performance of Sustainability Indices in India" in the International Conference on Facets of Doing Business in Emerging Markets, jointly organized by Institute of Management Technology, Ghaziabad and University of Texas at El Paso, held during July 28-29, 2016 at the Institute of Management Technology, Ghaziabad campus.
- Presented a case titled "CITI Fraud", at the 3rd International Case Conference at Goa, held during November 29 - December 1, 2012 organized by Institute of Management Technology, Nagpur
- Presented a paper titled "Share Price Reaction to Quarterly Earnings and Dividend Announcements: Empirical Evidence from National Stock Exchange of India" in the National Conference on "Forecasting Financial Markets in India (FFMI 2008)", held during December 29-31, 2008 at the Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur.
- Fraud at New Bank, THE CASE CENTRE (formerly known as ECCH), July, 2018
- Required Rate of Return on Tata Motors, THE CASE CENTRE (formerly known as ECCH), July, 2018
- Article titled "Social Responsible Investing" published in The Management Accountant (ISSN 0972-3528), a journal of the Institute of Cost Accountants of India, in November 2019
- Article published in The Hitavada, a daily from Nagpur, on 'Stock Exchanges in India', in August 2013
- Was awarded ‘Highly Commended Paper’ by Emerald for paper titled “Performance of Sustainability Indices in India” at the International Conference on Facets of Doing Business in Emerging Markets at the Institute of Management Technology, Ghaziabad.