Prof. Sayan BanerjeeAssociate Professor, Area Chairperson (Economics), Coordinator(Admissions)
: +91-712-2805154 email@example.com
Prof. Sayan Banerjee is currently a faculty and Chairperson of Economics Area .He holds the degree of MSc. in Economics (with Specialization in International Trade) from University of Calcutta, Kolkata.
Sayan Banerjee has more than 19 years of teaching, research and consultancy experience. He teaches subjects of Macroeconomics Principles and Policies, Industrial Economics & Competitive Strategy and Business Environment to the graduate students. His Research Interests are in the fields of Micro Finance, Political Economics, and Macroeconomic Policy Analysis.
Sayan Banerjee has been a management development program trainer and in-house resource person for various corporations in India that include Asian Paints Ltd., NTPC Limited, RPG Enterprise, L&T Industries, Mercedes Benz Research and Development Unit, India, Dr. Reddy’s Lab, Hyderabad, Accenture, Bangalore.
- Ph.D from NMIMS, Mumbai (Deemed University) (Pursuing)
- MSc.(Economics), with Specialization in International Trade, University of Calcutta ,Kolkata ( 1999)
- B.Sc. (Economics) with Mathematics and Political Science, University of Calcutta ,Kolkata ( 1997)
- Qualified National Educational Test (NET) for Lectureship, conducted by the UGC in 1999.
- 2010, participant of Global Colloquium on Participation Centered Learning (GCPCL), Harvard Business School, Boston, MA.
- Associate Professor - Economics, Institute of Management Technology, Nagpur since July 2014
- Assistant Professor - Economics, Institute of Management Technology, Nagpur June 2011- June,2014
- Senior Lecturer - B.K. Majumdar Institute of Business Administration (HLBBA), Ahmedabad (November 2000 - September 2007)
- Academic Associate , Indian Institute of Management (IIM)-Ahmedabad, (July, 2000-November, 2000)
Part-time & consulting Engagements
- January -February, 2019, Institute of Management Technology (IMT), Dubai
- October -December, 2014, Institute of Management Technology (IMT), Ghaziabad
- September 2005-March, 2007, Indian Institute of Planning and Management (IIPM)-Ahmedabad
- June 2009- April, 2010, Indian Institute of Planning and Management (IIPM), Mumbai
- June -September, 2005, Indian Institute of Modern Management- Pune
- June,-September, 2005, Indian Centre Human Resource Management and Development, Pune
- June-September, 2006, Disha Institute of Management and Technology, Raipur
- September, 2005-September, 2007, H.L.Centre for Professional Education, Ahmedabad
Consultancy and In-Company Corporate Training
- Asian Paints Ltd., 4 day residential Management Development Program at IMT-Nagpur (2015-16)
- NTPC Limited, 6 day Management Development Program at IMT-Nagpur (2012-13).
- RPG Enterprise, Leadership development Programme (2009-2011)
- L&T Industries, Supervisor Development Programme (2010-2011)
- Mercedes Benz Research and Development Unit, India (2010)
- Dr. Reddy's Lab, Hyderabad (2009)
- Accenture, Bangalore(2008)
- Zydus Cadila Pharmaceuticals Limited, Ahmedabad (2009)
- Economics of Globalization and Multinational Corporations
- Macroeconomics Principles and Policies
- Industrial Economics and Competitive Strategy
- Business Environment
Micro Finance, Political Economics, Macroeconomic Policy Analysis
Research and Publications
- 'Financial Condition Index: Could it be a Better Policy Instrument for Identifying Financial Risks for an Economy" at the 28th European Conference on Operational Research held in Poznan, Poland, July, 2016.
- 'Personality Factors for Non-Deceptive Counterfeiting Luxury Brand: A Study of Indian Consumers' (co-authored by Dr. Vibhav Srivastav) at the International Colloquium on Business and Management (ICBM), Bangkok organized by Sultan Qaboos University in July,2012
- 'Dealing with Fiscal Deficit: Tough Choices for Finance Minister' at the 2nd International Case Conference, Goa, organized by IMT, Nagpur in November, 2011.
- 'Challenges in marketing of renewable energy products :A focused study on solar energy in India' (co-authored by Dr. Bhavin J Shah) at the 4th SIMSR-Asia International Marketing conference organized by KJ Somaiya Institute of Management Studies and Research, Mumbai in January,2009
- 'Micro-Finance in India: Rural Micro-Credit, Role of Government and Appropriate Regulatory Framework' at a two day National Conference organized by St Joseph's College (Autonomous) Post Graduate Department Of Economics, Bangalore in January,2009
- 'Pertinent Issues in Micro-financing: Rural Micro-Credit, Role of Government and Appropriate Regulatory Framework' at ANVESH a national level doctoral conference organized by Nirma University, Ahmedabad in April, 2007
- Case study "Group On the Move- A Success story of Rajiv Group of Companies" published by the ECCH (Ref. No. 308-170-1),2008
- The Value of Domestic Currency : How Does It Matter? (The Hitavada, 23rd Sep, 2013, page 11)
Achievements and Awards
Conferred with the Award of Best Faculty at IIPM-Ahmedabad twice for outstanding academic contribution (2005-06 and 2006-07).