Dr. Saleena KhanAssociate Professor, Area Chairperson (OB & HRM)
: +91-712-2805124 firstname.lastname@example.org
- (GLDODCP) Global Diploma Certification in Organizational Development & Change Processes, from NTL, USA
- Ph.D. (Counseling Psychology) 2007, Rajasthan University, Jaipur
- MA (Clinical Psychology) 1992, Rajasthan University, Jaipur
- BA (Psychology Honors) 1990, Rajasthan University, Jaipur
- M.B.A (Post Graduate Diploma in Business Management) 2010 from Symbiosis Centre for Distance Learning (SCDL), Pune.
- PGDGC (Post Graduate Diploma in Guidance & Counseling) 2002 from Regional Institute of Education, NCERT, Ajmer
- PGD in IR&PM (Post Graduate Diploma in Industrial Relations & Personnel Management) 1998 from Bhartiya Vidhya Bhawan
- Presently Pursuing Diploma in Training & Development from Indian Society for Training and Development, New Delhi.
- Associate Professor, IMT Nagpur, Since 2012
- Assistant Professor - OB & HRM, Institute of Management Technology, Nagpur since August, 2008
- Assistant Professor, Dept. of Psychology, Effat College, Jeddah, Saudi Arabia-Feb'08 till July'08
- Academic Associate in Communications Area. Indian Institute of Management, Ahmadabad - March'07 to Jan'08
- Senior Lecturer in Human Resource Management and Behavioral Science, Amity University, Jaipur- Sept'05 to March'07
- Counselor/Psychologist, Delhi Public School- July'02 to Feb'06
- Clinical Psychologist and Corporate Trainer, The Institute of Psycho Services, Training and Development, Jaipur- Jul'02 to Jun'03
- Practicing Clinical Psychologist/ Counselor, Jaipur Nov'98 to Feb'01
- Personnel Relations Manager, K.P. & Company, Jaipur Apr 93 to Jan 95
Part-time & consulting Engagements
Taught as a Visiting Faculty@ International Universities:
- Chonnam National University, Gwangju, South Korea (April 2010-June 2010)
- IMT-Dubai; (a sister concern of IMT-Nagpur & Ghaziabad) - Oct-Nov 2012
- Charles Darwin University, Australia- (April 2016)
- Been a visiting faculty at "Graduate School of Business- The Chonnam National University", Gwangju, South Korea. Taught the course on "Leadership in Organization" during their Summer Courses from 28th of April 2010 to 21st June 2010. Went as a faculty on behalf of IMT, Nagpur.
- Consultant/ Resource Person at the Residential Training program named "Organizational Behavior & Development of Leadership Qualities in GSI for STS/ JTS level officers" from 12/9/11 to 17/9/11 at IMT, Nagpur.
- Organizational Behaviour- I
- Organizational Behaviour- II
- Training and Development
- Performance Management
- Career and Competency Management
- Leadership Lab
- Organizational Development & Change Management
- Human Behaviour in Organizations, Training and Development, Transactional Analysis, Organizational Citizenship Behaviour, Positive psychology, Aspects of Counseling (Individual, Family, Career Counseling), Cognitive Behavior Therapy, Spiritual Intelligence, Emotional Intelligence, Optimism, Psychological Well Being.
Research and Publications
- Howe-Walsh, L., Turnbull, S., Khan, S. and Pereira, V. (2020), "Exploring career choices of Emirati women in the technology sector", Journal of Organizational Effectiveness: People and Performance, Vol. 7 No. 1, 2020, pp. 96-114 © Emerald Publishing Limited. 2051-6614. DOI 10.1108/JOEPP-01-2020-0007 (“B” Category journal as per ABDC)
- Singh, A.; Singh. S. and Khan. S. “Job characteristics model (JCM): utility and impact on working professionals in the UAE". International Journal of Organizational Analysis, Vol. 24 Issue 4. pp. 692 – 705. 2016. http://dx.doi.org/10.1108/IJOA-04-2016-1022 (“B” Category journal as per ABDC)
- Chahar, B. and Khan, S. “Emotional Intelligence & Managerial Effectiveness: A study in the manufacturing sector at Uttarakhand, India” in The International Journal’s: Research Journal of Social Science and Management. Volume: 04, Number 09.2015. ISSN No.2251-1571. www.theinternationaljournal.org RJSSM
- Khan, S. and Chahar, B. “Metrics for Knowledge Management Process– A Review”, in International Journal of Global Trends in Financial Management, Social Capital and Technological Development. Vol V, 2015. 15-23.
- Chahar, B; Khan, S. and Rana, S. “Role of Emotional Intelligence in Developing Organizational Culture”. International Journal of Exclusive Management Research ( IJEMR). Vol 4 Issue 11. 2014. Online - ISSN 2249–2585 Print - ISSN 2249-8672; www.aeph.in. UGC Approval No: 49166 Impact Factor- 5.76
- Research Paper entitled "Positive Psychology: Its need in Indian Youth" in The International Journal's: Research Journal of Social Science and Management. Volume: 02, Number 03, July-2012. ISSN No.2251-1571. www.theinternationaljournal.org
- Research paper entitled "E.Q. As a Predictor of Subjective Well-Being, Optimism, Self Efficacy and Spiritual Intelligence in Male and Female Principals of Schools", on SSRN. URL for SSRN Author Page is: http://ssrn.com/author=1841461
- Research Paper entitled "Positive Psychological Capital: A Correlate of Effective Global Leadership" in The International Journal's: Research Journal of Social Science and Management. Volume: 01, Number: 08, Dec-2011: RJSSM. New ISSN: 2251-1571, Old ISSN: 2010-457X www.theinternationaljournal.org
- Research Article "Future of HR management in Indian scenario: Issues & Challenges" in Asian Journal of Management Research. Online Open Access publishing platform for Management Research© Copyright 2010. Special Issue No-1, 2011 Code: AJMRSP1005 Integrated publishing association ISSN 2229-3795
- Paper "A Study of Subjective Well - Being of Osho's Devotees" in The Indian Journal of Clinical Psychology 1995, 22:41-44
- Khan, S., Varun, K. & Raiza, A. (2020). Smartschool.com’s performance review- an opportunity for growth or to quit? DOI 10.1108/EEMCS-07-2019-0199 VOL. 10 NO. 2 2020, pp. 1-20, © Emerald Publishing Limited, ISSN 2045-0621 EMERALD EMERGING MARKETS CASE STUDIES
- Khan, S., Varun, K. & Raiza, A. (2020). Smartschool.com’s performance review- an opportunity for growth or to quit? DOI 10.1108/EEMCS-07-2019-0199 VOL. 10 NO. 2 2020, pp. 1-20, © Emerald Publishing Limited, ISSN 2045-0621 EMERALD EMERGING MARKETS CASE STUDIES. Teaching Note.
Khan, S.(2019) “Artificial Intelligence: The Game Changer for SMEs”. Published in SME World (an Online Magazine), Feb 2019, Volume XII, No. 02
Khan, S. (2019). “Positive Tone”. Published in the Indian Management, March 2019, Vol 58-3.
Khan, S. (2019). “Path to Productivity”. Published in The Smart Manager (Online Magazine by AIMA), Mar-Apr 2019. www.thesmartmanager.com
Khan, S. (2019). “Depression amongst Entrepreneurs- Should the assessment of future leaders on Positive Psychological Capital be a requisite for organizations? Published in SME World, an online Business Magazine, May 2019, Volume XII, No. 5.
- Paper "How to Build High Self Esteem" in "Self Growth" - An In-House Journal Published by students of Post Graduate Diploma in Guidance and Counseling (PGDGC), 2002,R.I.E.,N.C.E.R.T. Ajmer.
- Book Chapter "Personality Predictors of Career Choices" in "Appraisal of Modern Education", by Bhargava, M and Bhargava, P, Rakhi Publication, 2005
- Research Paper entitled "Leadership styles in relation with the Motivational needs to assess effectiveness in PGDM students" in World Academy of Science, Engineering and Technology (WASET): Year 7 Issue 80, August 2011. Print ISSN 2010-376X; Electronic ISSN 2010-3778
PAPERS UNDER REVIEW
- “Critical Success Factors for Recruiting Fresh Graduates in Indian IT Industry: An Empirical Study” ( in an “A*” Journal)
- “Psychological Well Being & Happiness: Helping Build amongst Management Students for developing a better tomorrow” ( at a “A” category/ SCOPUS Indexed Journal)
- Paper "Metrics for Knowledge Management Process- A Review", in International Journal of Science, Technology & Management. ISSN no. 2250-0596
- Paper on “PERMA MODEL AND PSYCAP: Relevance in Developing Positive Organizations” at The 9TH Biennial International Meaning Conference at Toronto, Canada, July 28-31ST 2016
- Paper “Job Characteristics Model (JCM): Utility and Impact on working professionals in the UAE” at International Conference on Technology, Business and Management (ICTBM 2014) at American University of Emirates (AUE, Dubai) March 24-26, 2014.
- Paper "Leadership styles in relation with the Motivational needs to assess effectiveness in PGDM students" at International Conference on Business, Economics and Financial Sciences and Management (ICBEFSM 2011) organized by World Academy of Science, Engineering and Technology (WASET) from August 24-26, 2011 at Paris, France.
- Paper "Human Resource Strategies and its Impact on the Quality of State Owned Public Health Services in India" at National Conference on Paradigm Shifts in Business Practices: Challenges and Perspectives held by Dept. of Management Studies at Poornima Group of Colleges, Jaipur on 26th March 2011.
- Paper (in Absentia) "Future of HR Management in Indian Scenario: Issues & Challenges" at the Ist International Conference on People Management in Organizations: Issues & Challenges, at Kolkata, India on 26th Feb, 2011.
- Paper "Positive Psychology- Its Need in Indian Youth"; at the First International Conference on Positive Psychology: A New Approach to mental health held at Amity University, Jaipur, from 6-8 august, 2010.
Achievements and Awards
- Presently the Area Chairperson of OB & HRM Area, at IMT, Nagpur.
- Session Chairperson in an Oral and Technical Presentation at the International Conference on Business, Economics and Financial Sciences and Management (ICBEFSM 2011) organized by World Academy of Science, Engineering and Technology (WASET) from August 24-26, 2011 at Paris, France
- Chaired a Presentation Session on Human Resource Management, at the International Conference on Operations and Management Sciences, organized by Institute of Management (IMT), Nagpur from the 12-13 February 2010.
- Chairperson, Career Counseling at The 7th Annual Career Day: From Generation to Generation: Passing the Torch on 17th March 2008 at Effat College, Jeddah, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia(KSA).
- Gold Medalist / Winner of "Best Glider Pilot in India" amongst girls in 1989 Air Sqn.NCC.
- 2nd Annual Management Conference & Workshop on “Doing Business in Emerging Markets” at IMT-Nagpur, January 27-29, 2020.
- Advanced Leadership Development at IIM, Bangalore from Jan 20-24th 2020.
- AICTE sponsored national FDP on enhancing teaching-learning processes in higher education using design thinking approaches, December 10-12, 2019, at IMT, Nagpur.
- Attended “The Case Teaching Workshop”: A Seminar on Participant-Centered Learning, conducted by Harvard Business Publishing in association with the Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad, held at Ahmedabad, in October 2014
- Workshop on “Business Analytics- Use of Statistical tools” conducted by IBM at IMT, Nagpur from 23rd to 27th September 2013.
- Workshop on Case Writing conducted by IVEY in association with Indian School of Business (ISB) at their Mohali campus from 4th to 6th May 2013.
- Workshop on NLP (Neuro-Linguistic Programming) conducted by Dr. A. Abraham at Vasant Vihar, New Delhi from 13th-14th of April 2013.
- Attended "The Art and Craft of Discussion Leadership": A Seminar on Participant Centered Learning, conducted by Harvard Business Publishing in association with the Case Research Society of India, held at Mumbai, during Nov 12-14, 2010.
- Attended a workshop on "Statistical Data Analysis using SPSS" conducted at Institute of Management, Nagpur on 13th and 14th of July 2010.
- Life Membership of the Indian Association of Clinical Psychologists (IACP).
- Life Membership of the Indian Science Congress.
PART TIME & CONSULTING ENGAGEMENTS
- Resource Person for MDP sessions on Performance Management and Competency Mapping for employees at Powergrid Corporation, Nagpur division on the 19th of September 2019.
- Been a regular resource person for IMT Nagpur while conducting MDP’s to date, for corporates like Geological Survey of India (GSI), National Thermal Plant Corporation(NTPC), Asian Paints (May 2013) and many others.
- Trainer for the Residential Training Program conducted on "Organizational Behavior & Development of Leadership Qualities in GSI for STS/ JTS level officers" from 9th -14th July 2012 at IMT, Nagpur.
- Trainer during the Residential Management Development Program conducted for NTPC from 25th -30th June 2012 at IMT, Nagpur.
- Trainer at the Residential Training Program for GSI-21th to 26th March 2012 at IMT, Nagpur.
- Trainer at the Training Program on Transactional Analysis- TA, for STCI- Primary Dealers Ltd. from Mumbai, conducted on the 19th of February 2012 at Tuli Tiger Resort, Pench.