Dr. Jitendra SharmaProfessor, Operations Management, Chairperson (FPM)
: 141 firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. Jitendra Sharma is Professor of Operations Management and teaches an elective course in Quality Management Systems along with Six Sigma. His research involves using QFD to address quality and customer centric issues in product development. He also teaches Operations Management and Lean Systems. He has more than 40 international peer reviewed journal publications to his credit.
Professor Sharma has also authored numerous cases on the topics of operations and process management, including topics such as inventory management, MRP, AHP, forecasting, process planning and control, process and capacity management, six sigma, SQC, target costing, value analysis, sales and operations planning, etc. These cases are hosted with Harvard Business Publishing, Ivey Cases, Emerald and The Case Centre. Some of his best selling cases have been translated in Spanish and Chinese.
Professor Sharma does lean, six sigma, process and operations management training for executives of companies like Asian Paints. He holds a Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering from the NIT, Raipur He also holds an M.Tech. from Nagpur University, MBA in Operations from IGNOU and a B. Engineering in Production from Nagpur University. Before diving into the world of academics he worked with different manufacturing industries as an engineer. He has a work experience of 30 years, of which 5 years were in industry and remaining in academics.
- Ph. D. (Mech. Engg.), in 2007 from NIT, Raipur.
- M. Tech. (Mech. Engg.), in 2002 from Nagpur University.
- M.B.A. (Operations), in 2000 from IGNOU, New Delhi.
- B. E. (Prod. Engg.), in 1990 from Nagpur University.
Work Experience : 30 years (Academics - 25 yrs + Industry - 05 yrs)
- Professor - Operations Management & Quantitative Techniques, from Oct 2016
- Associate Professor - Operations Management & Quantitative Techniques, from Oct 2008
- Joined as Assistant Professor in Oct 2007
- Senior Lecturer - Production & Mech. Engg., Manoharbhai Patel Institute of Engineering & Technology, Gondia (12 years).
- Visiting Faculty (for MBA) - Dept. of Management, N. M. D. College, Gondia.
- Technical Officer - Shetkari Solvent Limited, Hinganghat (1 year).
- Plant Engineer - Maheshwari Solvent Limited, Khamari (3 years)
- Graduate Trainee Engineer - Noble Explochem Limited, Wardha (1 year)
Core: Operations Management I & II
Electives : Quality Management System, Lean Six Sigma
Process Management; Quality Engineering; Six Sigma; QFD; Strategy in Operations
Quality Function Deployment; Product Development and Operations related areas.
- Ranking Customers Requirements in QFD by Factoring-in their Interrelationship Values, The Quality Management Journal, ASQ, Vol. 14 (3) 2007, pp 53-60.
- Linking Company with Customers & Competitors: A Comprehensive QFD Model & its Post Matrix Analysis, International Journal of Simulation & Modelling, ACTA PRESS, Canada, Vol. 29(2), 2009.
- From Customer Requirements to Customer Satisfaction: QFD in Service Sector, International Journal of Productivity and Quality Management - Sp. Issue on TQM, Vol. 5 (4), 2010, pp 428-439
- CASE: A-CAT Corp. - Bang for the Bucks - Ivey Case Publishing House - University of Western Ontario, Canada (9B09D006 & 8B09D06- Version Date - 13 Jul. 2009)
- A Note on Quality Function Deployment - Ivey Case Publishing House - University of Western Ontario, Canada (9B09D010 - Version Date - 08 Dec. 2009)
- CASE: Decision Making at A-CAT Corp. - Ivey Case Publishing House - University of Western Ontario, Canada (9B11D011 & 8B11D011 - Version Date - 19 Sep. 2011)
- Linking Voice of Customer to Product Development through Quality Function Deployment-International Journal of Advance Operations Management, Vol. 3 (1), 2011, pp 19-39