Dr. Nemiraja JadiyappaAssistant Professor, Finance
Dr. Nemiraja Jadiyappa works as an Assistant Professor in the area of Finance at the Institute of Management Technology, Nagpur. Prior to the current position, he was a faculty at IBS Hyderabad. He completed his Ph.D in the area of Finance from IFHE, Hyderabad. He visited the Spears School of Business, Oklahoma State University as a research scholar for one year. He has three years of Industry and five years of teaching experience.
His research interests include, corporate finance, asset finance, corporate governance and financial institutions. He has published research papers in international journals and presented papers in many conferences.
- Undergraduation - B.Sc (Agriculture) from UAS, Bangalore
- Post graduation - M. Sc (Agriculture) from IARI, New Delhi
- Ph.D- IFHE in the area of finance
- From 2005-08 as an officer in oriental bank of commerce and IDBI banks
- From 2014-2018 as an assistant professor at IBS Hyderabad
- From 2018 as an assistant professor at IMT, Nagpur
Research and Publications
- Nemiraja J, Reddy. Nagi, Krishankutty. Raveesh (2016) ” Financial Liberalization and Capital Structuring Decisions of Corporate Firms: Evidence from India.” Economics Letters forthcoming, 149, 33-38, ABDC Category ”A” Scopus
- Supra, B., Vunyale, N., Raja, N and Girish GP, (2016) Speed of adjustment of capital structure in emerging markets, Theoretical Economics Letters (Forthcoming). ABDC Category ” B”
- Nemiraja J and Nagi V Reddy (2014), “Financial Reforms and Corporate Financing Decisions of Indian Industries”, Indian Journal of Finance, Vol.8 No.4 (2014), pp 5-16. Scopus Indexed
Research papers under review
- “Financial Reforms And Dividend Policy” in the Journal of Policy Modeling.
- “ CEO gender, firm performance and agency costs” in the Journal of Economic Studies,
- “Manegerial stock ownership and debt diversification” in the International review of finance
- “Debt diversification and firm value” In the International review of economics and finance
- “Debt diversification and financial constraints” in the Applied economic letters
- “CEO gender and employee compensation” in the Finance Research Letters
- “Debt diversification and financial policy” in the Emerging markets review
Conference & Seminar papers presented
- Nemiraja, “Financial reforms and capital structure”: South Western Finance Association Annual conference 2012, New Oreleans, USA
- Nemiraja and Saikia, “ Structure of debt markets and Capital structure”: Eastern Finance Association Annual conference 2014, Pittesburg, USA
- Nemiraja and N Reddy, “Financial reforms and dividend policy”: International Conference on Banking and Finance, IBS Hyderabad 2015.