Dr. Shyam SAssistant Professor, Economics
Dr. Shyam is an Assistant Professor who offers courses in the areas of Economics and General Management. His research interests includes Technology Management and Science and Technology Policy.
- PhD in Management. 2012. Dept of Management Studies, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore. Thesis Title: "An exploratory study of the influence of patent latent variables and firm variables on price of auctioned singleton patents".
- MA Economics. 2005. Dept of Economics, University of Kerala, Thiruvananthapuram.
- BA Economics. 2003. Mar Ivanios College, University of Kerala, Thiruvananthapuram.
- Assistant Professor - Economics and Strategy, from July 2013
- Post Doctoral Fellow. Dept of Management Studies, Indian Institute of Science. 2011 - 2013.
- Strategy Formulation
- Business, Government and Society (Designed the course)
- Strategy and Technology (Designed the course)
- Business in Developed and Emerging Market (Designed the course)
- Creating and Nurturing New Ventures (Designed the course)
- Evolution of Modern Business (Designed the course)
- Applied Econometrics
- Economic Environment of Business
- Macroeconomics: Principles and Policies
Professional Activities (Academic)
- Reviewer for Technovation, Technology Forecasting and Social Change, Scientometrics and Current Science
Research and Publications
- Shyam Sreekumaran Nair, Mary Mathew and Dipanjan Nag. Dynamics between patent latent variables and patent price, Technovation, 2011, 31 (12): 648-654. [Impact Factor: 3.287]
- Shyam Sreekumaran Nair, Mary Mathew and Dipanjan Nag. Effect of firm variables on patent price, IIMB Management Review, March, 2012, 24 (1): 40-47.
- Mary Mathew, Chiranjit Mukhopadhyay, Dilip Raju, Shyam Sreekumaran Nair and Dipanjan Nag. An analysis of patent pricing, Decision. April 2012, 39 (1): 28-39.
- Shyam Sreekumaran Nair and Mary Mathew. The dynamics between forward citations and price of singleton patents. International Journal of Innovation and Technology Management. Forthcoming.
Refereed Conference Publications
- Shyam Sreekumaran Nair, Mary Mathew and Dipanjan Nag. Patent price dynamics in the context of patent age and patent latent variables, Technology Management for Global Economic Growth (PICMET), 2010 Proceedings of PICMET '10, pp.1-7, 18-22 July 2010.
- Shyam Sreekumaran Nair and Mary Mathew. The dynamics between forward citations and price of singleton patents, Technology Management for Emerging Technologies (PICMET), 2012 Proceedings of PICMET'12, pp.1000-1005 July 29 - August 2, 2012.
- "Shadows of Consumption" (by Peter Dauvergne, MIT Press) for Current Science (Volume 101, No. 5, September 2011), along with Mary Mathew.
Academic Achievements and Grants
- Recipient of the Indian Economic Association Medal for the best PhD thesis in Management Studies at Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore.
- National Eligibility Test (for Lectureship) awarded by University Grants Commission in Economics (December 2005 and December 2006).
- Recipient of CSIR Foreign Travel Grant to attend PICMET 2012 "Technology Management for Emerging Technologies", Vancouver, Canada. INR 1,20,000.