Prof. Hanish RajpalAssociate Professor, Area Chairperson (Finance)
Hanish Rajpal works as an Associate Professor in the area of Finance at IMT Nagpur. His teaching interests include Managerial Accounting, Corporate Finance, Investments, and Taxation. His area of research is Earnings Management.
Prof. Rajpal is a member of Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI). He has done MBA from FMS, Delhi University. He is certified FRM®. He has also completed a P.G. Diploma in Tax Laws from Indian Law Institute.
Before IMT Nagpur, Prof. Rajpal worked in the industry for around ten years with companies such as American Express, Genpact, and Whirlpool.
- ACA from ICAI and FRM® from GARP, US
- A.C.A from Institute of Chartered Accountants of India
- Master Business Administration from FMS, Delhi University
- P.G.Diploma in Tax Laws from Indian Law Institute, New Delhi
- Certified Financial Risk Manager (FRM) from GARP, US
- B.Com from Delhi University.
- Assistant Professor - Finance, Institute of Management Technology, Nagpur since April, 2010.
- Assistant Manager-Finance, Genpact, Gurgaon (From Nov 2008 to March 2010)
- Sr. Financial Analyst, American Express, Gurgaon (From July 2004 to Oct 2008)
- Executive-Commercial, Whirlpool of India Limited (From July 2003 to June 2004)
- Executive-Finance & Accounts, Sharp Business Systems (I) Pvt. Ltd. (From Dec 2002 to June 2003)
Academic Unit - Finance Area
- Financial Accounting
- Management Accounting
- Corporate Finance
- Corporate Taxation
- Fixed Income Securities
- Earnings Management
- International Financial Reporting Standards
- Financial reporting and disclosures
- Financial statement analysis
Research and Publications
- "Independent Directors and Earnings Management- Evidence from India", International Journal of Accounting and Financial Management Research, Vol.2, Issue 4, Dec 2012, pg. 9-24
- "Persistence in Mutual Fund Performance- Evidence from India" International Journal of Business Management and Research, Vol.3, Issue 3, August 2013, pg. 129-136
- "Indian Coastal Power Ltd." In Emerging markets Case Studies Collection (2010), Excel India Publishers, pp. 45-47
- "SKS Microfinance and MBTs" with Dr. Raju Indukoori in Emerging Markets Case Studies Collection (2010), Excel India Publishers, pp. 71-74
- "Independent Directors and Earnings Management- Evidence from India", International Journal of Arts and Science Conference, Vienna, Apr.2012
- "Persistence in Mutual Fund Performance- Evidence from India", International conference on Management, Economics and Social Sciences, Mumbai, Apr. 2013
- "Indian Coastal Power Ltd." International Case Conference, Goa, 2010
- "SKS Microfinance and MBTs" International Case Conference, Goa, 2010
- "Indian Coastal Power Ltd. - A Lender's perspective" with Prof. D.N.Panigrahi at International Case Conference, Goa 2011