Sanjay ShanbhagAssociate Professor, Finance
Sanjay holds Bachelor's degree in Engineering from I.I.T. Bombay and an M.B.A. from Booth School of Business, University of Chicago. He has over twenty years’ of finance, management and consulting experience across diverse industries including financial services, health insurance, medical devices and pharmaceuticals. He has strong experience in planning, forecasting, operational analytics, investment research and project management. He successfully managed teams, worked with C-level executives and led engagements in matrix organizations. Most recently he was Associate Director of Finance with a Fortune 500 Insurer in the United States.
He currently holds a faculty position in finance at Institute of Management Technology (I.M.T.). His areas of teaching, research and consulting include Corporate Finance, Security Analysis, Venture Capital & Private Equity, Healthcare Analytics and Management Consulting.
- M.B.A (Finance), University of Chicago, USA.
- B. Tech (Mechanical Engineering), Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay.
- Founder/Director, Independent Management Advisory, Chicago (2011 - 2013)
- Associate Director of Finance, Humana, Chicago (2006-2010)
- Deputy Director, State of Illinois, Chicago (2003-2005)
- Program Manager, T-Mobile, Seattle (2001-2003)
- Manager, Cap Gemini Ernst & Young, Seattle (1996-2001)
- Software Engineer, iGate, Pittsburgh (1993-1996)
- Software Engineer, Syntel, Bombay (1992 -1993)
- Management Trainee, Oswal Petrochemicals, Bombay (1990 -1991)
- Corporate Finance
- Security Analysis
- Investment Banking
- Venture Capital & Private Equity
Areas of Interests
Healthcare Finance, Analytics, Management Consulting, Corporate Finance, Security Analysis and Portfolio Management