Dr. Jasbir Singh MatharuAssociate Professor, Finance
: +91-712-2805152 email@example.com
Prof. Jasbir Singh Matharu is as an Associate Professor (Finance) at Institute of Management Technology, Nagpur. He earned his Master’s degree in Commerce from University of Calcutta and MBA from Griffith University, Queensland, Australia. He has recently submitted his Ph.D. thesis at Indian Institute of Foreign Trade (Deemed University), New Delhi. He was associated with a couple of brokerage firms before venturing into academics. He has been into academics for the last 15 years. His research interests include efficiency of stock markets and valuation of securities. He is currently teaching Corporate Finance, Investment Management and Financial Modeling using Excel.
- Ph.D from Indian Institute of Foreign Trade (Deemed University) (Pursuing)
- MBA (Finance and Investment) from Griffith University, Australia (1997)
- M.Com. from Calcutta University (1993)
- NSE's Certification in Capital Markets and Derivatives
- Assistant Professor - Finance, Institute of Management Technology, Nagpur since May 2011
- Faculty Member at International School of Business & Media, Kolkata June 2008 - April 2011
- Lecturer and Assistant Professor at Institute of Engineering and Management, Kolkata, September 2004 - May 2008
- Lecturer at the Centre for Management Studies, JIS College of Engineering, Kalyani, July 2003 - August 2004
- Lecturer at institutes like Future Institute of Engineering and Management etc. July 2002 - June 2003
- Worked at various Stock Brokerage firms November 1997 - June 2002
- Corporate Finance
- Financial Services
- Financial Modeling Using Excel
- Efficiency of Stock Markets, Behavioral Finance, Valuation of Securities, Portfolio Management
Research and Publications
- Paper published in The International Journal of Business & Management (ISSN 2321 - 8916), titled 'Impact of Quarterly Earnings and Dividend Announcements on Stock Prices in India', in June 2016
- Paper published in the NSHM Journal of Management Research and Applications (ISSN 0975-2501) on "Long Run Performance of Initial Public Offerings and Seasoned Equity Offerings in India" in July 2016, co-authored by Dr J K Seal.
- Paper published in the Working Paper series of Indian Institute of Foreign Trade, New Delhi, titled 'Long Run Performance of Initial Public Offerings and Seasoned Equity Offerings', in May 2012.
- Presented a paper titled "Performance of Sustainability Indices in India" in the International Conference on Facets of Doing Business in Emerging Markets, jointly organized by Institute of Management Technology, Ghaziabad and University of Texas at El Paso, held during July 28-29, 2016 at the Institute of Management Technology, Ghaziabad campus.
- Presented a case titled "CITI Fraud", at the 3rd International Case Conference at Goa, held during November 29 - December 1, 2012 organized by Institute of Management Technology, Nagpur
- Presented a paper titled "Share Price Reaction to Quarterly Earnings and Dividend Announcements: Empirical Evidence from National Stock Exchange of India" in the National Conference on "Forecasting Financial Markets in India (FFMI 2008)", held during December 29-31, 2008 at the Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur.
- Article published in The Hitavada, a daily from Nagpur, on 'Stock Exchanges in India', in August 2013