Dr. Pawan JainAssociate Professor, Finance & Accounts, Chairperson (Placements)
: +91-712-2805119 email@example.com
Pawan Jain is working with Institute of Management Technology, Nagpur as Associate Professor teaching courses on Financial Accounting, Financial Statement Analysis & Reporting, and Financial Markets & Services.
Pawan Jain is a Ph.D. in the area of Indian Accounting Standards and International Financial Reporting Standards. He has a teaching experience of two decades majorly in the area of Accounting and Financial Reporting in India and abroad. He had published and presented papers in International /National Conferences held in India and abroad on Accounting Standards/Accounting Procedures etc.
His Current research focus is on Financial Reporting Standards and Fair Value Accounting.
- Ph.D. (Commerce), in 2009 from CCS University , Meerut.
- M.Com, in 2002 from Kurukshetra University.
- PGDM (Finance), in 1997 from EMPI Business School, New Delhi.
- B.Com, in 1994 from Meerut University.
- Joined as senior lecturer in May 2005
- Assistant Professor - Finance, from April 2008
- BLS Institute of Management, Ghaziabad (July 2004 - Apr 2005).
- Institute Of Management Education, Ghaziabad (Jan 2003 - June 2004).
- A I M T, Ambala City (Oct 2000 - Dec 2002).
- Institute of Technology & Science, Ghaziabad (June 1998 - Aug 2000).
- I I M S, Meerut (Nov 1997 - May 1998).
Part-time & consulting Engagements
- Taught a course on Advance Corporate Finance for PGDM students at Chonnam National University, Gwangju, South Korea.(May 2010- June 2010)
- 3 Days "International Conference on Accounting & Finance in Transition" jointly with University of Greenwich, London, UK (November 06 - November 08, 2008) at IMT, Nagpur.
- 2 Days "International Conference on Management of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises" (August 19 - August 20, 2011) at IMT, Nagpur.
- Financial Accounting For Managers
- Corporate Finance I
- Financial Statement Analysis & Reporting
- International Financial Reporting Standards, Indian Accounting Standards, Fair Value Accounting, Forensic Accounting, Financial Statement Analysis
Research and Publications
- Jain, Pawan, 2013, ''Fair value accounting: Adoptability in Indian corporate financial reporting scenario', International Journal of Accounting and Business Management (IJABM - ISSN 2289 - 4519), 1, (1) pp 24-32.
- Jain, Pawan, 2013, 'Analysis of Financial Statements of Marico Industries' - IMT Case Journal Special Issue, 2013, pp 9-24.
- 2011, "IFRS Implementation in India: Opportunities and Challenges", World Journal of Social Sciences, 1, (1) pp 125-136.
- 2010, "Kapoor Furnitures: A case Study", Emerging Markets Case Studies Collection, pp 36-37.
- 2008, "Indian and International Accounting Standards: A Comparative Study", Accounting and Finance in Transition, Ed Volume (V), Greenwich University Press, University of Greenwich, London, UK, pp 315-326.
- 3rd Asia Pacific Business Research Conference, Kualalumpur, Malaysia, Feb 25-26, 2013
- Global Accounting, Finance and Economics Conference, Monash University, Australia, February 14-15, 2011.
- International Case Conference, Goa, November 16-18, 2010.
- 5th International Conference on Accounting & Finance in Transition, 2007, University of Greenwich, London, UK, July 12-14, 2007.