Dr. Shiv Nath SinhaAssociate Professor, Area Chairperson (General Management)
: +91-712-2805117 email@example.com
Dr. Shiv Nath Sinha works as associate professor in the area of Finance and General Management. His teaching and research interests include Corporate Governance, Corporate Social Responsibility, Corporate Law and Mergers & Acquisitions.
Prof. Sinha is an associate member of Institute of Company Secretaries of India (ICSI) and has a Diploma in Corporate Governance. He is a certified trainer in CSR from Indian Institute of Corporate Affairs (IICA), Ministry of Corporate Affairs. He has an industry experience of more than 8 years in various listed companies.
- 2019, Ph.D in the area of "Corporate Social Responsibility" from Nagpur University
- 2015, GRI Certification on G4 Reporting Guidelines
- 2015, IICA Certified Trainer in CSR
- 2015, Diploma in Corporate Governance, ICSI (New Delhi)
- 2014, Certificate Course in "Competition Law & Practice in India" from National Law School of India University (NLSIU), Bangalore
- 2005, Company Secretary, Institute of Company Secretaries of India (ICSI)
- 2001, CA Intermediate, Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI)
- 1997, B.Sc., (Magadh University)
- Associate Professor from July, 2014.
- Joined as Assistant Professor in March, 2010.
- Visiting Faculty at IIM Indore, (2012-14, 2013-15, & 2014-16).
- Visiting Faculty at IIM Sambalpur (2015-17, 2016-18, 2017-19).
- Visiting Faculty at IMT Dubai (2011-13, 2012-14).
- Visiting Faculty at Institute of Company Secretaries of India (2009)
- Visiting Faculty at IFIM Business School, Bangalore (2009).
- Company Secretary, GMR Energy Trading Limited, Bangalore (From January 2008 to March, 2010).
- Company Secretary, Telephoto Entertainments Limited, Chennai, a BSE listed Company (2007).
- Company Secretary, Phoenix Industries Limited, Noida (2005-2006).
- Corporate Governance
- Legal Aspect of Business
- Mergers and Acquisitions
Research and Publications
- Jagannath Mohanty, Shiv Nath Sinha, Vishal Moonka (2013)," Sustainability and CSR as Business Strategy at Infosys, IMTCJ: Case Journal, Special Issue, 2013, ISSN No: 2229-6743
- Shiv Nath Sinha, (2014)," Composition of Board of Indian Companies and its effect on Corporate Governance, Chartered Secretary, Vol. : XLIV, No. 04, April, 2014, ISSN No. 0972-1983
- Shiv Nath Sinha, (2016)," A Study of the separation of the position of Chairman and CEO and its impact on Corporate Governance, Chartered Secretary, Vol. : 46, No. 09, September, 2016, ISSN No. 0972-1983
- Shiv Nath Sinha, Tushar Chaudhari (2017), “Multi-stakeholder CSR approach of ITC Limited: Impact on Rural Living & Community Development” Sankalpa: Journal of Management and Research, Vol. 7, No. 1, January-June, 2017, ISSN No: 2231-1904
- Sinha, Shiv Nath, A Critical Analysis of the Provisions of Corporate Social Responsibility (2017). The IUP Journal of Corporate Governance, Vol. XVI, No. 3, July 2017, pp. 7-25. Available at SSRN: https://ssrn.com/abstract=3215136
- Jagannath Mohanty, Shiv Nath Sinha, "CSR in village school: challenge after success", Emerald Emerging Markets Case Studies, (2017) , https://doi.org/10.1108/EEMCS-08-2016-0164
- Shiv Nath Sinha, Tushar Chaudhari, (2018) "Impact of CSR on learning outcomes", Management of Environmental Quality: An International Journal, https://doi.org/10.1108/MEQ-02-2018-0039
- Shiv Nath Sinha, (2019)," “A Study of Woman Directors on the Board of Indian Companies”, Chartered Secretary, The Journal for Governance Professionals, Vol.: 49, No. 03, March, 2019, ISSN No. 0972-1983
- Shiv Nath Sinha, (2019), “CSR and Sustainability Regulation: A new Paradigm”, Chartered Secretary, The Journal for Governance Professionals, Vol.: 49, No. 05, May, 2019, ISSN No. 0972-1983
Online articles :
- Corporate Governance Norms in India, www.companiesact.in, August, 2014
- Presented a paper titled "Impact of CSR on Learning Outcomes", at the International Conference on Organization and Management (www.adu.ac.ae/icom2016), November 20-21, 2016 organized by Abu Dhabi University, at Abu Dhabi.
Received the “Best Paper Award (2014)” by Institute of Company Secretaries of India (ICSI) for the paper “Composition of Board of Indian Companies and its effect on Corporate Governance”