Corporate Interaction Committee (CIC)
The Corporate Interaction Committee (CIC), a student body that bridges the gap between the corporate and the Institute. Under the guidance of respected faculty chairperson Dr S Senthil Kumar, CIC takes an initiative to provide the student managers with a platform to get a first-hand experience of the corporate world by organising various events, which are:
1. Guest Lectures: Corporate leaders from various fields are invited to the campus, giving applaudable insights pertaining to their respective domains.
2. Shri Mahendra Nath Memorial Lecture: It is commemorated in remembrance of the Late Shri Mahendra Nath, founder of the IMT group. The committee undertakes the responsibility for its proceedings.
3. Netritva (An HR Conclave): A conclave conducted during the month of October, to provide a platform for HR Leaders to share their knowledge and experiences in this evolving domain while guiding the student managers for their future endeavors.
4. Industrial Visits: CIC helps in the execution of visits to various Industrial units organised by the institute, such as JSW Steel Ltd, Parle G Factory to name a few.
5. Drishticone (A CxO Conclave): The flagship event of the committee, a two-day CxO level Management Conclave, centered around a corporate theme. It is organised in the month of November every year and takes a pivotal approach towards shaping the intellect of the budding managers. The entire event is divided into multiple competitions like Power Lectures, Panel Discussion, CxO Challenge and Business Quiz.
In the academic year 2018-19, CIC played an imperative role in facilitating the first-ever Annual Management Conference and Workshop, 2019 at IMT Nagpur. CIC has been successful in conducting more than 48 corporate guest lectures in the academic year 2018-19, hosting guests from reputed companies like Morgan Stanley, IBM Services, Hero MotoCorp Ltd, Samsung, Reliance Group, PwC India, Lowe Lintas, Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories, Fujitsu Consulting India, Vodafone Idea Ltd, Wipro Limited, L&T Infotech, and many more.