Learning & Resource Center
An Exceptional - Learning Resource Centre
A good library is a key to the growth of an educational institution. Being the heart of the academic centre of IMT-Nagpur, LRC understands well the fundamental importance in promoting lifelong learning and improving the knowledge, skills and competence of its academic community. The Institute has from its inception had a Learning Resource Centre of exceptional quality and it has ever since strived to improve the high standards of the facility. Connecting both students and faculty with the global resources of knowledge, the LRC continues to adapt to the challenging new demands and provides a professional and conducive learning atmosphere for the empowerment of its users.
The LRC has a rich collection of Books, Journals, e-Journals, corporate & industry information and country research databases such as ABI/INFORM Complete (Proquest), EBSCO Business Source Complete, Sage Management Journals, J-GATE, JSTOR, Science Direct, CMIE Databases, Legalpundit, Indiastate and many more to fulfill research and teaching need of the academic community. The LRC is fully Wifi-enabled.
LRC also extends their services to outside users i.e. individual, institutional and corporate houses with 'external membership'.
Fill up the form
Please fill up the following form to send us your query: * Indicates mandatory fields
Mon-Sun - 24 Hrs.
The following are entitled to enroll themselves as LRC members:
- Enrolled Students of IMT, Nagpur
- Faculty Members
- Visiting Faculty
- Officers & Staff Members
- Research Scholars and Research Associates
- Externals can take library membership under the 'External Membership '
Those who intend to use the LRC facilities are required to enroll themselves as members by filling the prescribed form. The form must be recommend or approved by the respective Head of the Department.Membership Card
The LRC Card issued to the registered members is strictly non-transferable. The Card shall be issued in laminated form. The date of validity shall be indicated on the Card.Loss of LRC Card
Members shall be responsible for the loss and misuse of LRC Card. A member who loses his/her Card shall make a written report to the Librarian. Duplicate card will be issued at the cost of Rs. 100/-
- While entering the library, users should leave their personal belongings such as bags, personal books etc. at the counter reserved for this purpose. Users leaving the library should permit the library staff to examine their personal belongings, if asked.
- IMT library follows an open access system, books and other material taken from the library stacks should not be re-shelved by the Users. These should be handed over to the library staff on duty. Remember, a book misplaced is a book lost.
- The member would satisfy himself/herself before leaving the issue counter as to whether the book is in sound condition or not. Otherwise he/her may be responsible.
- Users of the library should not deface, mark, cut, mutilate or damage the reading material in any way. Persons doing so are liable to be fined heavily, apart from being asked to pay the cost of the damage. In case a person repeats the offence a second time, his/her library card would be impounded and the membership terminated summarily.
- All members are requested to behave with decency and decorum. Any irregularities may kindly be brought to the notice of Librarian for necessary action.
- Decent dress code is needed inside the library.
- If any student found indulging in the process of book hiding, stealing, or mutilating, he / she will be fined as accordingly:
Minimum fine of Rs. 250.00 plus suspension of library cards for a period of one month. On re-occurrence of the act, minimum fine will be Rs. 500.00.
Minimum fine of Rs. 500.00 plus suspension of library cards for a minimum period of one month. On re-occurrence of the act, minimum fine will be Rs. 1000.00.
Minimum fine of Rs. 1000.00 or Actual Cost of the book plus suspension of library cards for a minimum period of One trimester. On re-occurrence of the act, minimum fine will be Rs. 10000.00 and other disciplinary action may be initiated.
Library Committee is constituted to exercise general direction, control, supervision and guidance over the affairs of the library
Dr. Subhajit Bhattacharyya
Prof. S Anant Ram
Prof. Sayan Banerjee
Chairperson – PGDM
Dr. V S R Vijayakumar
Dr. Pawan Jain
Dr. Nitin Kude
Who can avail the library services?
All enrolled Students, Faculty, Research Associates, Research Scholars, Officer, and Staff.
How can I become a member of the library?
For enrollment as a member of the library, you need to fill up the membership form which is available at Membership & Circulation Desk. For Faculty, Faculty Associates, Research Scholars, Officer and Staff, the membership form duly filled-in with appropriate identification and further recommended by HOD should be submitted to Membership & Circulation Desk
What are your library hours?
Monday to Sunday - 24 Hrs. Issue Return-09.00 AM - 11.30 PM Summer Vacation (April to June) - 09.00 AM - 05.30 PM
How do I access the library resources?
You can access the library resources by following way.
Physical material– physical materials are spread over two floors of the Library
- Ground Floor
- New Arrivals
- General Reading
- First Floor
- Reference Books
- Bound Volumes
- Reference Reading
Online Databases – Most of the e-resources are IP authenticated, and you can access the same from anywhere within the IMT-N campus. For more details about online databases, please visit the library website under the Digital Resources menu.
How are the books arranged in the library?
Books in the library are arranged in the classified order system. After locating an item in the OPAC, the screen will provide the call number for the item. The call number is the “address” of the item on the shelf. It will look something like the following: 658 (assigned to the book “Management”) 658.8 (assigned to the book for “Marketing”)
How can I recommend a book purchase?
User can recommend a book for purchase by filling- in a ‘BOOK RECOMMENDATION FORM’ that can be obtained & submited to the Circulation Desk or can be downloaded from library link.
How can I search a book from OPAC?
Online Public Access Catalogue (OPAC) enables you to search documents in the possession of the library. OPAC also allows library users to know their checkout status, issue history and so on. The computer is available for accessing OPAC inside the library. You can access links to the library web OPAC: (link to be provided)
How do I access the journal online?
Online Journals may be referred through the library web page under the Digital Resources E-Journals menu.
Do I need to come to Library to access the databases?
Most of the databases subscribed by the library are IP enabled so you can access the same from anywhere within the campus. The mode of access is clearly mentioned under the name of the databases.
- Where should I mail my reference query?
- How to request the article/s which is/are not subscribed by the library?
- How to request the Book/s which is/are not available in the library?
How to search new arrival books?
Every Month library sends an email regarding the newly added book list, and you can also find the same on the LRC downloads page.
How many books and for how long I can borrow?
Category No. of Books Period of Loan
- Visiting Faculty
- 120 Days
- 15 Days
- 15 Days
- 30 Days
- 10 Days
Where can I return a book/s?
You can return the book/s at Circulation Desk only.
How can I renew a book/s?
You can renew a book/s through the visit library circulation counter. Also through OPAC for single attempt.
What if I lose or damage something I borrowed?
You should immediately consult the circulation desk to know the book detail and then consult the Acquisition Section for the replacement or payment of the book.
Who can I contact for help for placing material on reserve?
You can reserve books yourself using OPAC. Further, you can ask circulation staff for the accurate guidance of the Reservation Process.
Can I bring the personal book in the library?
You can carry own books to the library by making necessary entries in the daily log register.
Can I donate books or other materials to the library?
You are welcome to donate the books to the Library. Donated books will be cataloged under the gratis category. Accepting the books on donation is subjected to suitability as per collection development policies of the LRC.
Where can I make a suggestion to the library?
“Suggestion Box” placed at the Circulation Desk of the library where you can drop-in your valuable suggestion(s). You can also email the suggestions at firstname.lastname@example.org
What are the basic library rules?
- Maintain a quiet study atmosphere. Silence must be observed in the LRC at all times.
- Food and drinks are not allowed inside the LRC
- No bags or cases are permitted into the LRC.
- All library materials and personal belongings must be shown to the guard at the entrance at the time of entry and exit from the library.
- All library users, when making copies of library materials, should strictly adhere to copyright laws.
- Personal belongings should not be left unattended.
- The LRC is not responsible for any loss or damage of personal belongings.
- Use of mobiles inside the LRC is strictly prohibited.
- No material from the LRC should be taken out without proper issue. Taking the book(s) without adhering to the procedure will invite disciplinary action.
- The lost or mutilated book should be brought to the notice of LRC staff immediately.
All the online resources, CD-ROMS, Educational Videos from LRC IMT-N are copyrighted works. Hence, copying, publishing, disseminating, displaying, performing, or playing without permission of the copyright holder (except by the fair use of licensed agreement) is not allowed. The LRC may terminate the library access to users who are found to have repeatedly infringed the copyright of others.Licensing Restrictions:
All listed Online Databases on the LRC website are restricted by license agreement to members of the IMT-Nagpur community for the purpose of research, teaching, and private study. Commercial use, systematic downloading, copying or distributing of information is prohibited. The users are requested to comply with these terms strictly.
|Dr. Nitin Kude||Librarianemail@example.com|
|Mr. Satish Thakre||Prof. Library Assistantfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Mr. Vilas Yemde||Prof. Library Assistantemail@example.com|
|Mr. Sushil Kumar||Library Assistantfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Mr. Suresh Thakre||Library Attendantemail@example.com|
|Book & Periodicals||Mr. Satish Thakrefirstname.lastname@example.org||Ext-238|
|Reference/Online DB||Dr. Nitin email@example.com||Ext-239|
|Circulation||Mr. Vilas Yemdefirstname.lastname@example.org||Ext-237|
Specialized reference collections are available in all faculties of Management Sciences, Information technology, and other general reading print non-print media.
- Books & E-books
- Journals & E-journals
- Online & Offline Databases
- Bound Volumes
- Audio Visual Materials
- Annual Reports
- Project Reports
- Asia pacific Jr of mgt Research and Innovation
- Asian Jr of Management Cases
- Accounting Horizon **
- Accounting Review **
- Decision Analysis
- Foreign Trade Review
- Financial Times **
- Global Business Review
- Global Strategic Journal **
- Human Resource Development Review
- Harvard Business review **
- IIM Kozhikode society & Mgt Review
- India Quaterly
- Information Systems Research
- Informs Journal of Computing
- Informs transactions on Education
- Intenational Jr of Rural Management
- Issues in Accounting Education **
- Journal of Business-to-Business Marketing
- Jr of Emerging Market Finance
- Jr of Enterprenurship
- Jr of Human Values
- Jr of Organizational behaviour management
- Management Science
- Manufacturing and service operations management
- Marketing Science
- Mathematics of Operations Research
- Operations Research
- Organization Science
- People Matters
- Science, Technology and society
- Service Science
- South Asian Jr of Business & Mgt Cases
- Strategy Science
- Strategic Entrepreneurship Journal **
- Strategy + Business
- The International Journal of Logistics Management
- The Guardian **
- The New York Times **
- Transactional analysis journal
- Transportation Science
- Vikalpa Journal
- WSJ epaper **
- WSJ Journal **
Online Public Access Catalog
Click on the following link.Online Public Access Catalog
Online Public Access Catalogue
Reference & Information Service
Bibliography & Documentation
Current Awareness Services
Database Access & Retrieval
Resource Sharing and Inter Library Loan
Organization of Book Exhibition & Technical Demonstration
Orientation Program & User Education
My LRC Account
Kindly click on following link -